Who is with verizon and bought the motorola z3 and feel ripped off????

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Who is with verizon and bought the motorola z3 and feel ripped off now that the z3 is no longer listed in available phones by verizon and is not eligible for other networks??

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure why the phone no longer being available would make you feel ripped off, most phones are only sold for a year.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! All of Verizon's phones are essentially unlocked, so you should be able to bring it to another carrier and pop in their SIM card, assuming the phone supports the other carrier's network bands.

The main reasons I can think of why people might feel ripped off about Moto's Z line are (1) no real development of Moto Mods, which was one of the big selling points, and (2) Moto's general disregard for timely software updates. By the time the Z3 was released, these two issues were well known, and you could have read up on them if you had done basic research on the phone prior to buying it.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I only buy Moto phones at clearance prices...... when you get a phone for next to nothing it doesn't really matter much if the manufacturer lies and doesn't honor their word, you still get a good phone at a crazy low price.

But yes if I ever bought a Moto phone at full price I would most definitely feel ripped off lol.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The green line certainly sounds like a screen defect. Is the phone under warranty? If so, did you already try contacting Moto about warranty repair?

We'd need more details about the videos shutting off to determine if that's due to the phone's hardware/firmware, or if it might be due to some other software issue (perhaps due to a problem with the video file you're trying to watch, or some other app you installed that's causing instability).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood