Updated from Z3 to Z4

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I've been with the Moto Z line since they came out. This definitely was a incremental upgrade but the additional screen size and battery life is good. The onscreen fingerprint sensor works well enough. No screen protector yet and I am not sure if I am going to use one. The projector is my number one mod. Train the noobs at work with it. And speaker is second when I'm able to use it. I can get a new phone paid for by work yearly so if there isn't a z5 in the future I may just buy another one of these.

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
What do you like better about Z4 vs Z2 Force? I'm concerned that the on screen fingerprint sensor won't be as fast and convenient as the front sensor, esp for wake and lock. Also not looking forward to losing front flash and Moto Voice "show me".

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
keithla, the finger print scanner is fine. it takes a little bit to get used to it. definitely micro seconds longer. but proper fingerprint training does a lot for it. the reader is on the always on screen too. so as you put your hand near the screen you see the target. with time it should become intuitive.

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, I've not tried all my mods as of yet. The z2 force was a beast. In general nothing bad to say about the z4 yet. Call quality seems better than the z3. I'm getting better reception on this one but I did on the Z2 as well. The Z3 sucked!

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I still love my Z2F, runs fast on Pie, and not really hearing on this forum or in reviews how Z3 or Z4 have improved on it, even camera quality.

Front facing camera seems to have downgraded, in fact, with removal of front flash.

And "OK Google open <app>" is slower than "Show me" for opening apps, hands free.

Locking the phone with the side power button also seems less convenient.

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
My Z2 was great but the camera had constant problems. I switched devices till one worked properly. Never really used the front camera much. The screen turns bright white for the selfie flash. The night shot works good. I took a bunch of different pictures with the rear camera. I'd say it's some better than the z3 but not much. Also I cannot say the phone is laggy.

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
52% with 3 hours 12 mins SOT. Full day and I'm saying that this is nice. Took about 35 pictures and none of them blurry but I'm not sure about the hdr setting. Nothing was laggy in performance using even daydream goggles just to see how those worked. I can understand some people saying the screen isn't as bright in direct sunlight. It did appear slightly more dim but still useable. Fingerprint scanner only missed a beat with my fingers possibly being pruned after a very hot shower. It's nice the pin option is just above the scanner area. I think this phone will be acceptable for the time I have it.

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Disable attentive display setting. something about it messes with the lock/unlock feature. After playing around with the various features that was the one that solved the mystery of the lag time.

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok. Verizon replaced phone today. It actually went dead. I took it in and they gave me a new one. Wow. First time this has happened since my note 7 fiasco.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude