Motorola Pax

GridIron21

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Any news on release date for Pax yet? My pre is literally falling apart and I need a new phone ASAP. I wonder if it would be good idea for me to get XPRT then exchange it back for Pax (assuming that it will be released within 30 days).

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Any news on release date for Pax yet? My pre is literally falling apart and I need a new phone ASAP. I wonder if it would be good idea for me to get XPRT then exchange it back for Pax (assuming that it will be released within 30 days).

You have exactly the same problem that I have. Thats why I started the thread.
I really do want the PAX. I just hope my current phone holds out until then.
Im scared to get an XPRT because it is starting to look like that phone will be an orpan in a hurry. The XPRT and Photon had the exact same problem and yet even thou the XPRT has been out longer, Motorola chose to fix the problem on the Photon first. I hope that means that the issue is being addressed on the PAX and it will soon be released

preryan

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
It appears as thou thr Pax is code name Motorola XT603 and will be released on 2 October 2011

Do we know that the XT603 is the Pax or are we just being hopeful? I am seriously considering returning my Photon before my 30 days is up and waiting on the Pax if indeed it is coming out Oct. 2.

rendang#AC

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I just placed my order for the XPRT today but was not too thrilled about:
- Gingerbread update not yet available even though announced at launch as planned
- Screen size at 3.1" is so-so, want bigger but not crazy big
- No homebrew, probably because it hasn't had a leaked stock ROM

Also been hearing a lot of recent issues with audio loss during call requiring reboot, freezes, etc.

The Pax addresses two out of the three and hopefully will be more popular and may have homebrew development, so I just cancelled my XPRT and will wait a month to see if Pax rumors pan out. Oct 2nd couldn't come soon enough!

lcchick

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
so this phone will be closer to the Titanium than the XPRT? I've got a Blacklberry Tour due for upgrade soon, and I need the physical keyboard (and don't want a slider) but want to move to android. XPRT forums have scared me away from that phone and I was thinking that this Pax could be the answer. I had a Nextel w/DC a loooong time ago and the battery life was horrid--and that was before texting, email, browsing, games, etc.

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, info leaked out on the Motorola Admiral on AC today, which has Direct Connect.
http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-admiral-tipped-sprints-direct-connect-lineup

The pic looks identical with the phonenews article posted last week for what was rumored to be the Pax.
Sprint Motorola Pax Surfaces Again, Possible October Launch | PhoneNews.com

Screen size for the Admiral is 3.1" and not 3.5" :(
A little bummed.

I think that Motorola is coming out with several phones.
They have already released a phone low resolution single band version of the XPRT in the UK, not available in the lower 48. It appears as thou this Admiral is the update to the Titanium. I didnt no the Titanium needed updating as it came out after the XPRT

This is a need for Dual Core 3.5 inch 4G version of the XPRT

There has also been a Droid Pro Plus announced

Dcook87

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
This device seems like a clone (with a different form factor) of the Motorola Pro+, which really doesn't differ aside from the screen from the original Motorola Droid Pro.

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
This device seems like a clone (with a different form factor) of the Motorola Pro+, which really doesn't differ aside from the screen from the original Motorola Droid Pro.

The original Droid Pro just like the XPRT are world phones
Working CDMA in the lower 48 and GSM outside of North America

We dont know if the Admiral will be a world phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc