Touch screen sensitivity

enormous

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
My wife got the Admiral a few weeks and her major complaint has been the touchscreen. It misinterprets taps as swipes and swipes as taps quite a bit.

Anyone else notice this? And are there any work arounds?

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I was playing with a demo unit and noticed this as well. It was really the only thing that turned me off about the phone.

sschwa04

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi I am a Sprint employee and I ran into this issue when I first got mine. What I found was that when I connected my phone to my Facebook account it almost tripled the number of contacts showing in my address book. I changed my contacts displayed and it noticeably improved my touch response on the display. If this may be the case with you let me know and I can show you how to change those settings.

v_sprad#AC

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
When I swapped my XPRT for the Admiral and the sensitivity of the Admirals touch screen was the one thing that bothered me in the beginning. It's almost as if you have to press just a fraction of a second longer to scroll as compared to other devices. (Which, btw, is exactly what former Nextel users seem do when using a touchscreen for the first time) Now after two weeks, I don't even notice it.

The fact that this phone has the best keyboard I have ever used (excluding the Blackberry Bold 9650) made that two week learning curve worth it.