Standby time?

SERO wireless

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm seriously considering getting the Admiral, but I'm concerned about the standby time. The Motorola XPRT with the same battery, the same 9 hour talk time and a slightly faster ARM v7 processor (1.2 Ghz vs. 1 Ghz) advertises 380 hours of standby compared to the Admiral's 79 hours. I suspect the Direct Connect feature is responsible for this, but couldn't get an answer from Motorola. What's the standby time on this phone with the Direct Connect feature disabled?

Having to recharge every day or juggle spare batteries and chargers would be a deal-killer. I could get an XPRT and not have to worry about it, but that would mean a slower processor, older version of Android, a lower resolution display, lower resolution video and no mil-spec toughness for about the same price - what a deal!

rendang#AC

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I have to charge the Admiral once a day with typical use.
Unplug around 8am when I leave the house, put back on the charger when I go to bed at 10pm.
Charge is usually down to 10% - 30% depending on the day.

I have:
- 4 email accounts push-synced (2 Google, 1 Hotmail, 1 Exchange work)
- 2 calendar accounts (1 Google, 1 Exchange work)
- WhatsApp messenger signed in 24/7
- Google Voice (not Talk)
- Weather widget

Probably about 1/2 hr voice, sometimes with Bluetooth, about 20+ texts, Facebook, surfing the web, etc. Lately I've been running Slacker but the app is just such a PAIN to use right now, it won't work in the background and widget won't run. Also download an occasional podcast but usage is not typical.

On my old Palm Pre, I typically ran out about mid-day. So I get about 2+ times the usage on my Admiral vs the Pre based on how I use it. Actually, I had less accounts synced on my Pre, so I guess I am doing more on my Admiral.

Hope this helps.

p.s: You can turn off DC from the settings, it says it will improve battery life but I don't have a quantifiable measure of how much it helps. I have my DC turned off since I have no use for it.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I unplug my Admiral at 7am, and plug it back in around midnight. Usually, I have about 40% remaining.

I have 5 email accounts synced, 1 calendar, Avast, Facebook, WWF, 2 weather widgets, countdown widget, maybe a few other apps in the background and about 100 sms a day. Usually on wifi most of the day.

I had to shell out $60 for the big, fat, ugly Seidio 2600mAh battery to get the same usage on my Pre-

Bushwil

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree with everyone else here. I am doing more stuff on this phone then I could ever do on my Pre minus, and I don't have to plug it in until 10ish. Also the DC is not included in my plan.

boggsie

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
While this is far and away the best battery life I have experienced with an Android phone, I still can't imagine going more than one full day without recharging. I can go a full day but if I didn' charge that night I would undoubtedly run out of juice before lunch the following day.

Best regards,
-boggsie

Sent from my Motorola Admiral on Sprint using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie