How to Root and install custom rom EASY

buzzz902

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
ATTENTION PLEASE READ THE WHOLE TUTORIAL AT LEAST ONE BEFORE DECIDING TO FOLLOW IT
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK OR F!@# UP YOUR PHONE I HAVE FOLLOWED MY TUTORIAL AND HAVE A WORKING PHONE DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK :)

Ok, so im tired of seeing all these how to root how to install custom roms sooo
TUTORIAL
1 Follow instructions here [Motorola Backflip Software Support - Motorola USA to get ur phone to the latest update 2.1 stock from Motorola
2 Download this file----->View attachment 17512 its SuperOneClick a rooting procedure
3 After Downloading the file navigate to your download directory and extract the files run SuperOneClick.exe
attach your Backflip to your computer via USB and click root phone and wait for it to complete.
4 check your phone to see if its rooted(just open the phone menu and see if Super User is there)
5 restart your phone
6 navigate ur phone to market and then download ROM manager.
7 install ROM manager and buy a premium license(license not needed but easier with)
8 install select Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
9 for those who did buy a license just select Download ROM then select CyanogenMod 7.1.0 then select both wipe setting once its finished and the Backup current ROM. now put Ur phone down and let it do its thing and your finished!!!!!
9.5 for those who didn't download the license download this file---->update-cm-7.1.0-BACKFLIP-signed.zip and put it on the root of your phones memory stick
10 now disconnect ur phone from pc select Rom manager and boot into clockworkmod recovery
11 once in recovery select backup and restore to create a backup of current ROM
12 Select the option to Wipe data/factory reset
13 Then select the option to Wipe cache partition
14 Select Install zip from sdcard.
15 choose the file u moved to ur sd card in step 9.5
16 Once the installation has finished, select +++++Go Back+++++ to get back to the main menu, and select the Reboot system now option. The Motorola Backflip should now boot into CyanogenMod.
GOOGLE APPS(MARKET FACEBOOK.ECT)
Beacuse you are insaltalling a custom rom you may also like to install google apps, such as market and books, /B]
FOR ROM MANAGER PREMIUM ONLY
1.Enter Rom Manager, Select CyanogenMod then select the newest version of your mod
2 select the options to install google apps and your rom then follow steps above for Premium

YAY look me up on facebook
nuclearalien@gmx.com

Last edited:

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Good write up, dont forget to leave instructions on how to flash the Gapps along with CM7. Otherwise you wont have the market :p And fixing your link to super one click would be cool.

Stickied none the less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton