No pinch to zoom

ghostengineer#AC

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone, I bought me a used Backflip(I dont think it was ever used) from Ebay, and noticed it still had the 1.5. I updated it to 2.1 but noticed the phone doesnt have pinch to zoom. I didnt know the phone didnt have it.Will there ever be an update for pinch to zoom, or a ROM? With the 2.1 update the phone is quite nice, but the lack of pinch to zoom is annoying. Im new to Android so please deal with me. Im coming from Blackberry's...Also I have never done any ROM's, is there an easy how to , to do them? Ive done leaked OS for Blackberry's so I dont know if its as easy as that or harder. Thanks All

xdunlapx

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I've heard several places that updating the phone's ROM (??) to allow pinch to zoom (multi-touch) will definitely burn out the screen's touch sensitive ability. It's not an IF but a When.. I highly recommend not doing it. Just my two cents. :)

J_HaX

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I've heard several places that updating the phone's ROM (??) to allow pinch to zoom (multi-touch) will definitely burn out the screen's touch sensitive ability. It's not an IF but a When.. I highly recommend not doing it. Just my two cents. :)
to the best of my knowledge apples iphone uses the same static sensitive technology for their touch sensors and with that said they also come with pinch to zoom... i owned and ABUSED an iphone 3gs for 3 years using pinch to zoom on my maps traveling constantly and my touchscreen never weakened or broke ... it just stopped charging one day lol so i went the android route! ...leaving me to say thats just a load of crap someone is feeding backflip users trying to conceal the fact that it can be done at home, ridding them of future profits they can make =)