Thoughts on the Charm?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
looks to be an ok phone. for those who heavy texters and want a physical keyboard much better than the backflip in my mind

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Just curious as to what you ladies and gentleman think about this new Moto device?

Don't hold back... ;)

Phil mentioned in another post in the Droid X section of why? To me and I'm sure many others I agree with this statement. The only people I can see this going to is to the regular non-informed consumer. Like the person above me it has a solid looking keyboard for those that need that. i noticed its a bit similar to a blackberry keyboard feel. just a bit. However to me it just looks like a toss-out thats not going to just look pathetic to every other high end android phone :p <-- only important to the techies ^o^

just an opinion. I think the fact that this forum is dead is enough clarification that many people on Androidcentral are not interested.

mpete

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am sad to see this phone has not caused more noise. I had a HTC Touch then a TREO Pro. I liked the Treo Pro much more than the touch screen touch. I understand that the screens have come a long way sense the touch, but a physical keyboard is wonderful. With the death WM I will be looking to switch to Android and this is what I am looking for. Maybe a little closer to the Treo Pro and a snap dragon processor (or better) would be nice, but my interest is peaked.

illmode

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Hmm

I agree, I used to be a massive blackberry user. Call me old fashioned but I love a candy bar qwerty. I converted to Android as soon as the G1 launched and haven't looked back since. Love the touchscreen for browsing, maps and phone navigation but also love the trackball and and qwerty. The charm is THE form factor I've been waiting for and the specs also look better than the Acer e130... shame about the motoblur... I'm not that social.

Any one else with me?

D

monuman

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Charm

I was a Blackberry user and now love my Android OS.
Very curious to see and touch the phone.
They should call it "DROIDBERRY"

illmode

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I was really looking forward to the HTC Salsa but since that is nowhere to be seen, I've become a charm chaser... does look a little tubby though... Surely there are more people who have been looking forward to this type of form factor?

sandstones#AC

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I am still a Treo holdout, because I just get too frustrated with screen keyboards. I've been waiting for a 3G Android phone with a candy bar keyboard. Hoping that this is the one!

jeffnucci

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't post here much anymore since I went back to iPhone (I love Android but I always miss MobileMe and the App Store). I'm getting this for my girlfriend because she is SUPER picky. She loves her MT3G but its a piece of $#!+. She likes BlackBerry and so do I but it is such a crappy smartphone. She likes to keep her nails long so touchscreen keyboards aren't her thing either. Anywho, the Charm is perfect for her and I think it's a cool phone.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It just seems to add to the uninspiring list of Android phones thrown to T-mobile

Yup.Hard to believe this was the company which really pioneered Android. Take the Vibrant and perhaps MyTouch 3G Slide out of the equation and T-Mobile's Android line looks like the Picture of Dorian Gray. :(

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I really don't understand this device. But I'm sure that there are people who will appreciate it. Maybe the heavy messaging consumer will enjoy it, but then what about the Droid, Droid 2, and Epic?

sookster54

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
If this phone was closer to the BlackBerry Bold's formfactor, I'd probably be interested in it otherwise it's a tad wide and odd looking. I didn't like the rear touchpad on the Backflip, it was uncomfortable and I can imagine it being a bit odd on this one too.

sookster54

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Got the Charm for a test drive, so far not a bad phone at all and with 2.1 it has some decent features as well as a good battery and data usage manager. The camera has no flash which is a bummer but seems to take fairly clear pictures nonetheless. The keys are a tad small but after getting a little getting used to them I can type fairly fast on it. The OS in general responds very fast and hardly any lag yet.

I've already come across some app compatibility issues which is what I was concerned about before getting this phone, Lookout for example loads up sideways as it was designed for taller screens that typical Android phones has, and Hi Yahoo & Hi MSN doesn't remember my font settings. The plus is that you can use the phone without setting up motoblur and don't need to run motoblur widgets, the default ones are there and you can delete them.

It's a tad wider than the Blackberry Curve/Bold/Tour and a tad shorter, but the "tubby" appearance isn't noticeable at all when holding it and with the 2.8" screen it's pretty easy to look at, except Youtube videos aren't fullscreen, they're about 2/3 the size of the screen when playing.

cpope09

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
coming from a blackberry bold its nice having a touch screen keyboard its pretty good the track pad thing tack a little getting used to...battery life is up and down..browser is way better..any of you got any tips for a new android user im soo confused with this thing but im slowing learning!

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
My wife has one that replaced her curve 8330. She loves it. It was the keyboard that she was waiting for to switch to android. She likes the keyboard too over the bb. She types a lot and did not like a touchscreen. Her a nails got in the way so it was never comfortable and correct.

This is not a teen phone. This is not for unaware consumers. People just need to use one to know. OS 2.1 is installed so it's already a head of all those OS 1.5 devices out there still coming out.

that1bb

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I tried it out and loved it. It was very responsive, the camera was fast, and the back track thing was well implemented. The price is unheard of. Above all, I just liked the feel of this form factor again with android. I just hope fore more like this in the future.

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
When I first saw it I didn't think it was a chic phone. I thought it was a cool form factor with a touch-screen. People who have had BlackBerrys will definitely look into this. The phone seems small, stubby, and a bit heavy (compared to most blackberrys). But when it's home in your hands it was very nice. The screen is a good enough size and multi-touch support is great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance