So my sister went to a TMO store looking to replace her old phone. She told them so most uses it for texting and they told the best texting phone they had was the Moto Charm.

And I must admit I really like the physical keyboard on this device, and would agree it is a good texting phone. I feel it is what the KIN should have been, the issue is it has some oddities. That she is asking me to fix and I am looking for help.

First she has two friends that happen to have the same last 4 digit in their numbers and the default messaging app mixes them up and says the text messages from either is the first in the contact list. Now I "fixed" by installing Handcent which she likes the pop notification, but she says at times it is slow. Which I know it can be from experience on my Nexus. Is there a way to fix this in a default app or is the lag something she will have to learn to deal with?

Second she has issue with ringtones wobbling when they go off. It seems to be just the ones she downloads from Zedge or makes with Ringdroid. When she plays them normally they are fine, but when used as the ringer they wobble. Again I was thinking this may be an issue with the default app and was think I install ringleader, but I want to know if there is a way to fix it without an app that would add an extra step for her to change her ringtones.

Thanks
    10-20-2010 01:11 AM
    well for ringtones, she should try and use myxer, ive never had a problem with myxer and the ringtones on my charm, and as for the texting concern, this happened to me yesterday but the numbers were totally different lol, i had to spell the other girls name with an extra letter or something like that then it separated them.
    10-20-2010 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD