Thought this might be of help to all the newbies out there. Here is a bunch of How To Videos that are very newbie friendly.
    Hope they help some people get a start in modding.

How To Root
    G1/MyTouch - How To: Root the MyTouch 3G or G1 in One Click! | The Unlockr
    Magic - How To: Root the HTC Magic in One Click! | The Unlockr
    Hero - How To: Root Your HTC Hero in One Click! | The Unlockr
    Hero (Sprint) - How To: Root Your Sprint Hero in One Click! | The Unlockr
    CLIQ - How To: Root the Motorola CLIQ | The Unlockr
    Droid - How To: Root The Motorola Droid (Update 01.02.10!) | The Unlockr
    Samsung Behold2 - How To: Root the Samsung Behold 2 / Samsung Galaxy (Updated 12/20/09) | The Unlockr

Read the begining and end of the procedures to figure out how to root Donut phones, and how to load a custom ROM.
    Good luck! Hope it helps someone! Mods, please sticky for newbies sake!
    yeasu1 likes this.
    01-03-2010 09:30 PM
    This will work on 1.5 on the Sprint Hero, right?

Also, I notice the same video used for both Hero and Hero (Sprint), so is the process the same?
    01-08-2010 07:23 PM
    Please do not try the method linked above on a Sprint or other CDMA hero, or you will have a very nice $528.00 brick. Both videos linked above for the Hero are for the GSM Hero only.

THIS is why one click rooting is a very very bad thing.
    01-09-2010 12:14 AM
    Please do not try the method linked above on a Sprint or other CDMA hero, or you will have a very nice $528.00 brick. Both videos linked above for the Hero are for the GSM Hero only.

THIS is why one click rooting is a very very bad thing.

why i one click rooting bad??
    01-16-2010 10:16 PM
    Because people by nature are lazy and stupid. If we can click and go, we have no incentive to read and understand what we are doing, and in this case it would destroy an expensive toy
    01-16-2010 10:41 PM
    Hello all. I was looking at the list of ROMs available for the Motorola CLIQ and I didn't see any reviews about them. Does anyone know where I can get a run down of what each ROM does? Or are there certain ROMS that you folks here would recommend?
    03-13-2011 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD