Can Blur be turned off on the cliq?
    05-21-2010 11:32 AM
    nope
    05-21-2010 04:41 PM
    thank you
    07-27-2010 10:38 AM
    MotoBlur can be disabled within the Cliq environment. Please call T-Mobile customer support for more information on this topic.
    08-12-2010 04:39 PM
    MotoBlur can be disabled within the Cliq environment. Please call T-Mobile customer support for more information on this topic.
    Does this apply to the original Cliq only or can it also be disabled on the Cliq XT?

Also, is there a specific reason anyone interested has to call T-Mobile to do it? The information can't be shared here on the forums?

Thanks
    08-15-2010 11:55 PM
    Does this apply to the original Cliq only or can it also be disabled on the Cliq XT?

Also, is there a specific reason anyone interested has to call T-Mobile to do it? The information can't be shared here on the forums?

Thanks
    MotoBlur can be disabled on both the Cliq and the CliqXT - To disable it on the CliqXT is a lot simpler, but it can be done on both. The reason I suggest to call T-Mobile is because T-Mobile customer care can walk you through the steps and procedures rather than you attempting to do them by yourself. It is somewhat complicated and I would hate for you to attempt to configure the device according to online instructions and end up damaging your device. If you feel like you can do it on your own, please feel free to be my guest. But for liability reasons I personally cannot post this information here.
    08-16-2010 03:46 PM
    Motoblur drains battery with it's live widgets. I wish motoblur was an optional app for the cliq, droidx etc...

-----
    Sent From My Motorola Cliq - Via Tapatalk
    08-24-2010 04:05 AM
    Motoblur drains battery with it's live widgets. I wish motoblur was an optional app for the cliq, droidx etc...

-----
    No not really, got 4 RSS feeds (CNN, Androidcentral, Androidforums & Crackberry), a happenings (twitter), and a few third party widgets like beautiful widgets, audiomanager, jorte, handcentSMS, etc. and after 8 hours the battery is barely even 75%. Setting brightness to 50%, wifi off outside known networks, GPS off, 2G instead of 3G, auto sync off and smart battery profile (30s screen timeout and data off at night), etc.
    08-24-2010 11:40 AM
    No not really, got 4 RSS feeds (CNN, Androidcentral, Androidforums & Crackberry), a happenings (twitter), and a few third party widgets like beautiful widgets, audiomanager, jorte, handcentSMS, etc. and after 8 hours the battery is barely even 75%. Setting brightness to 50%, wifi off outside known networks, GPS off, 2G instead of 3G, auto sync off and smart battery profile (30s screen timeout and data off at night), etc.
    Thing is, auto sync I need, for calendar, Gtasks (dato) app, and 2g is slower than 3g so no I wouldnt "downgrade" internet. Brightness I have at 100%, 70% might be enough for me. Keep on charger every night so I keep Wifi on. GPS is rarely used on my phone.
    -----
    08-25-2010 02:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD