Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
There is something about it that I am not a big fan of. Just seems to look a little cheap. I'll give it a chance once I get to play around with one. Any thoughts on this device?

anon(697)

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I wouldn't jump at it either - I don't like the look of it and I'm perfectly happy with my Hero now that they've released the v2 upgrade (which you'll get on your Sprint version by default I think).

For me it'll take an Android device with a faster CPU to get me to switch to anything else now.

Dave

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, I wouldn't jump at it either - I don't like the look of it and I'm perfectly happy with my Hero now that they've released the v2 upgrade (which you'll get on your Sprint version by default I think).

For me it'll take an Android device with a faster CPU to get me to switch to anything else now.

Dave

I totally agree. As far as the update I've heard the same as you. Should be what comes with the Sprint Hero.

anon(697)

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
You guys are lucky in some regards to be getting the Hero a little later than us in the UK - with the v1 software the phone really was quite annoyingly laggy ... and the music app caused stutter at the start of each track constantly. I could easily understand people trying it and turning straight back to the iPhone.

The v2 software really spruces up the phone. I still get the occasional music stutters (which you wouldn't with the iPhone), but only when I've been running lots of apps simultaneously (which you can't with the iPhone) - a quick reboot always solves it.

Dave

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
You guys are lucky in some regards to be getting the Hero a little later than us in the UK - with the v1 software the phone really was quite annoyingly laggy ... and the music app caused stutter at the start of each track constantly. I could easily understand people trying it and turning straight back to the iPhone.

The v2 software really spruces up the phone. I still get the occasional music stutters (which you wouldn't with the iPhone), but only when I've been running lots of apps simultaneously (which you can't with the iPhone) - a quick reboot always solves it.

Dave

The lag was the main reason I avoided an unlocked Hero actually. Well that and the lack of 3G. I need my 3G.

From what I've seen v2 is much improved.

scottae316

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
What is killing the Cilq for me is the price. I just do not see it versus the Hero on Sprint. Hero has better specs I believe (if I am wrong please tell me), $20.00 less and the plans are cheaper on Sprint. I would think T-Mobile and Moto better rethink this one, $200. final cost does not do it for me.

ohgeez

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
The pictures don't do this phone justice. i had the chance to play with one for 24hr (last week). Looks really good in person, and the D-pad took me just an hour to get used to and was nice for getting to links on webpages. Faster than the mytouch and g1. I'll bet you guys like it once it hits the stores.

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
The phone seems like something those middle schoolers with sidekicks will get when they graduate to highschool. Thats the main reason why I didn't get one.