SD Card issues

lauranfs

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I'm new here and don't know if this is the right place to post this, so if it's not please move it to the right place.

I purchased a Motorola Defy+ about 2 months ago and started using it with a 4GB microSD card and it worked just fine. About 2 weeks ago it started to crash quite often, especially when I used an app installd on the SD card (Mantano Reader). Last week I bought a new 8GB card and since then I can't take pictures or make movies with the camera: it takes the pictures, shows the animation and the little picture on the corner, but when I try to view it, it just returns to the camera. The camcorder starts but doesn't make videos, crashing when I click 'record'.

Almost every time I start the phone it shows a 'damaged sd card' message, but after rebooting it a few times it works (even though I still can't take pictures). I have realised that it seems to be related with the creation of a corrupted folder (either Android or dcim), which can't be erased even when I put the card on the computer (only with formatting). Now even with my old 4GB card I have the same problem. I even tried a 'factory reset', but nothing changed.

Does anyone have any idea of how to fix that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos