Installing a custom ROM on the Motorola Defy Using Windows 7

Mr Davo

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I am proud to say that I am contributing something back to this fantastic community of technology enthusiasts.

My guide to installing CyanogenMod (and other ROMs) onto the Motorola Defy is linked below. I have given particular attention to detail in this guide, and have included many screen shots. The intention here is to make an easy, step by step guide, suited to individuals of intermediate skill. There is no use of the command prompt, and Windows 7 is utilised to make the experience as seamless as possible.

Installing a custom ROM on the Motorola Defy Using Windows 7

To date I have successfully flashed four Motorola Defy (MB525) phones in a row using the techniques outlined. On my last Defy flash I followed the instructions verbatim in order to give them a thorough test, and ensure that the wording is clear.

I hope that these instructions help those of us who are not quite of the "Guru" status. Finally I would like to make it clear that I have not invented anything new here, all the credit belongs with the relevant forum contributors (and programmers), however I like to think that I have produced something that is a bit easier to follow than many of the forum posts.

Good luck :good:

Kind Regards,

Davo

mwfontan@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Davo, I like the format and readability of your document. My only negative comment is that you should have listed the prerequisites completely before beginning to describe the process. For example, where do you obtain superoneclick? How do you install it? What is RSD lite? Where does it come from?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes