My wife set up her new defy a few days ago and when she did it linked all her face book freinds into her contacts, wich was great now I have a face book account and she wants to link my contact in her phone to me but neither her nor I can figure out how to do this manualy.

I have tried searching the forums and there are some posts pertaing to this but none of there solutions have worked. some of the things they tell you to do not even exist as an option. the action they tell you to take does not give you the options that they say are pulled up like i have heard to have her search for me on her freinds and then long press my picture then they say a pop up will come up to link it to her phone but when you do this it does not. I do not know if this is because it matters on which phone you are using or not.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I posted this here just incase it is phone spacific and if not please feel free to move
    01-11-2011 09:02 PM
    hi,
    go to Accounts.
    Click FACEBOOK icon and log in.
    Click ADD Account.
    Close.
    Click and hold on empty area in any of home screen.
    Click Motorola Widgets.
    Add Social Networking widget TO SEE all Acounts (Fasebook,Tweeter,etc) updates.
    Add Sosial Status widget TO POST on Facebook and Tweeter
    Add Messages and Click on the Accounts you like to see updates from in this widget

PS You may try stand alone original Facebook App for Android.I find it better.

Hope you will manage this time.
    jonmeskeete likes this.
    01-12-2011 03:11 PM
    hi,
    go to Accounts.
    Click FACEBOOK icon and log in.
    Click ADD Account.
    Close.
    Click and hold on empty area in any of home screen.
    Click Motorola Widgets.
    Add Social Networking widget TO SEE all Acounts (Fasebook,Tweeter,etc) updates.
    Add Sosial Status widget TO POST on Facebook and Tweeter
    Add Messages and Click on the Accounts you like to see updates from in this widget

PS You may try stand alone original Facebook App for Android.I find it better.

Hope you will manage this time.

what I am looking to do is add the link to a personal facebook for one of the conmtackts that is already on her motorblur account and is already on her phone but this contact is not linked to facebook because they did not have a facebbok account when she set up the phone
    01-12-2011 04:57 PM
    what I am looking to do is add the link to a personal facebook for one of the conmtackts that is already on her motorblur account and is already on her phone but this contact is not linked to facebook because they did not have a facebbok account when she set up the phone
    go to your contacts then click the person you want to link there should be a chain link or sumting in the top right corner click that and it should ask you if you want to link that account and click ok
    jonmeskeete likes this.
    01-12-2011 09:06 PM
    go to your contacts then click the person you want to link there should be a chain link or sumting in the top right corner click that and it should ask you if you want to link that account and click ok
    The top right corner on my phone in the contacts list only has a star to add the contact to the favorites list if I press the menue key I do get a link symbol but if I choose this it only lets me link to other contacts on my phone that are already there not to accounts like facebook. I do not know if this is because I have the defy or not from what I have seen different phones go about doing somethings different than others.
    01-13-2011 06:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD