Hey Defy Users

having recently got a motorola Defy as my first smart phone I was wondering about something that happened the other day with it.

When i got it charged and set up on sunday and at home everything was fine but on monday morning my data usage jumped massivly from 1mb to 15 mb and the phone became really hot. The battery indicator went down by about half.
    When I checked the usage pie chart thing it was more than 3/4 down to the motorola blur, so i switched it off updating until im conected to wifi from the options menu.
    I suppose my question is what is Blur and can I customise it a bit so that things like facebook still update without it using so much power and download limit?

Cheers in advance.
    03-29-2011 12:34 PM
    Use go launcher, all the sweets are there

sent from my moto defy
    03-24-2012 08:43 AM
    I rooted my moto defy. I haven't flashed a custom rom yet, and im not sure if I really want to honestly. I used rom toolbox and removed most of the stock apps and bloatware. After doing that the phone is fast as . I'm using the stock rom which is just froyo 2.2.1

Sent from my MB525 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    05-27-2012 03:43 PM
    Hey Defy Users

having recently got a motorola Defy as my first smart phone I was wondering about something that happened the other day with it.

When i got it charged and set up on sunday and at home everything was fine but on monday morning my data usage jumped massivly from 1mb to 15 mb and the phone became really hot. The battery indicator went down by about half.
    When I checked the usage pie chart thing it was more than 3/4 down to the motorola blur, so i switched it off updating until im conected to wifi from the options menu.
    I suppose my question is what is Blur and can I customise it a bit so that things like facebook still update without it using so much power and download limit?

Cheers in advance.
    Um.. You should be careful when removing the blur crap. The phone is tied to blur and im scared about completely removing it. I removed the stock browser, email, dialer, contacts, and swype. Swype is complete trash and you don't need it. Swiftkey X is 100% better. I'm considering just flashing a blurless rom because I really want gingerbread on my phone. I haven't been able to find anything yet tho.

Sent from my MB525 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    05-27-2012 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD