We can have Devour root now. Instructions inside. XD

PrinceofDeath

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Well thanks for the help, i have successfully rooted my Devour, now if i can only remove Voice Commands, Visual IM, and MobileIM which i never use an jus keep running in the background

Mr Pandroid

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Not to revive an old thread or anything, but rooting: What can I do with it, besides custom ROM? I know it gives me su privileges...but what can I do exactly? Can I install a custom ROM on the devour? Are there any being made/completed for the devour? What can I remove safely from the device? Is there a list of all this that is compiled?

Mr Pandroid

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
C:\devour_root isn't supported? Is that where you extracted it to? I mean...I used Linux for mine...so it was in a different folder...but yeah. Extract the zip in the first post to C:\ and make it C:\devour_root and try again...Make sure punctuation and whatnot is correct too...because I know with windows it can be a pain in the arse....

Karlito

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey, Im completely new to the whole rooting thing. So new to the fact that didnt know it existed until about 12 hrs ago. After reading a few posts about it im still unaware of a couple things. If i root my phone what will it allow me to do? Will i be able to get rid of motoblur and make the phone run faster/better battery life?

Mr Pandroid

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Karlito: you can remove a lot of apps. You CAN remove the motoblur home...however you need to have another home app installed first...that's the only thing you can delete from motoblur. Deleting other apps will help improve battery life. If you want...after work I can tell you what I've found is safe to remove.

Mr Pandroid

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Karlito:

Look for Titanium Backup in the market place. It's what I currently use to remove programs. As far as a decent home? I use the default stock one...but a lot of people use LauncherPro from what I understand. As for what you can remove....
Quick Office
Visual Voice Mail
Vcast crap
Verizon Navigator GPS thing
Text to Speech
News Widget
Virtual Private Network
Help Center
Blur Home (Make sure before you do that, you install a new home app)
Voice Commands (Remove this one last, as you will need to do a battery pull after this one)

Do not remove ANY other Motoblur things, as your phone will spaz out and not work correctly.

I think that's all I've removed so far...Good luck :)

Austin116

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Karlito:

Look for Titanium Backup in the market place. It's what I currently use to remove programs. As far as a decent home? I use the default stock one...but a lot of people use LauncherPro from what I understand. As for what you can remove....
Quick Office
Visual Voice Mail
Vcast crap
Verizon Navigator GPS thing
Text to Speech
News Widget
Virtual Private Network
Help Center
Blur Home (Make sure before you do that, you install a new home app)
Voice Commands (Remove this one last, as you will need to do a battery pull after this one)

Do not remove ANY other Motoblur things, as your phone will spaz out and not work correctly.

I think that's all I've removed so far...Good luck :)
I am assuming I have to download the SDK of an Android release for the home screen right? or will it be buried in the phone somewhere.

I really Hate Motoblur. and the rest of the VZ crap, that keeps auto starting. Advanced Task Killer is having a hard time keeping up.