Android 2.2 Froyo For Motorola Droid X Unofficially Available [Download Here]

The bootloaders were locked the same way, right? Wouldn't that mean this would also work on Devours? I'm too scared to try it without knowing for sure.

EDIT someone on another forum tried it for me, and he got the Verification Failed message when applying.

so I guess it won't work as is.

EDIT EDIT: It MIGHT WORK if tried with a rooted phone. The guy didnt try that.
    08-20-2010 10:19 AM
    Well is there a different way to like Install the update i tried doing it with the recovery menu like starting phone whjile holding R and spacebar but it failed is there a different way i can do it? like using SU?
    EDIT: Also i have Root
    08-21-2010 03:36 PM
    No this will not work at all.

The X and the Devour are completely different in hardware specs. And there are a million of other reason why.

You're going to have to wait for an OTA or leak.
    08-21-2010 09:12 PM
    WELL, motorola has come out and said there will be no OTA 2.1 upgrade of Devour https://supportforums.motorola.com/c...?view=overview so we are kinda screwed.
    08-22-2010 03:57 PM
    Wow that sucks. If all else fails sell the devour and get a Droid on ebay?
    08-24-2010 02:10 AM
    Wow that sucks. If all else fails sell the devour and get a Droid on ebay?
    The phone is rooted so there is always the possibility of custom roms, but yean this is disappointing...
    08-24-2010 02:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD