The Devour has been out there for almost a year, and has been rooted since August (if not sooner). Many people still have them and I personally am stuck with mine until I get an upgrade in April 2012. Personally, I think it's a good solid phone that's tough as nails, but the software is weak and was its Achilles' Heel.

As small as it may be, the Devour has a devoted (if trapped) userbase and many of us would absolutely love to see a custom ROM, especially if it were a build of Gingerbread or even Froyo. If anyone knows of any progress and/or projects showing promise for this, please point me in that direction.
    02-15-2011 12:08 AM
    I've been pulling for that for a little while now...I love my Devour, and I'd love to see a custom ROM, but I really have a feeling it's not going to happen. I mean...It's not on Verizon's website to order anymore. It's really a shame...because it's such a nice phone...it was just held back by an older OS and slightly weaker hardware...
    02-21-2011 07:33 AM
    i agree, that'd be wonderful if someone was working on a custom rom or a forced upgrade for the devour.
    03-17-2011 11:34 AM
    I echo it all. I love my devour. I am hard on phones and this thing has hung with me through some thug times.
    06-01-2011 10:54 PM
    Same here, i've put it thru a lot. Why is so heavy though?

I echo it all. I love my devour. I am hard on phones and this thing has hung with me through some thug times.
    10-22-2011 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD