Make wifi work off contract. ROOT NOT REQUIRED!

MofoMan2000

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Me over on Android Forums said:
I stumbled upon the solution to this while researching more into how to flash the phone to another carrier. Turns out, it's really easy to re-enable wifi on the Devour when off contract (or not activated with Verizon).

1. From the home screen, open the dialer.
2. Dial: ##PROGRAM (##7764726) and press Call.
3. A prompt should pop up: Enter SPC password. Type in six zeroes ("000000"). Press "Verify"
4. Go into "01 User Activation"
5. Under "MIN" and "MDN" enter any 10-digit phone number (as long as they're the same). Almost anything besides "0000005968" will work, even "5555555555". If you're activated on another carrier, enter your current phone number. Don't mess with the IMSI_11_12 option.
6. Press "Done"
7. It should put you back to the main PROGRAM menu. Press back to get back to your home screen.
8. When you get back to your home screen, a message should pop up saying "Phone will restart now" so let it do its thing. If not then try rebooting manually.

When the phone starts back up, you should be able to turn on wifi. If not, post back here and I'll see what I can figure out. Otherwise, enjoy Android Market or web browsing on your wifi enabled Devour!

Also, if you have that little triangle on your status bar on the top of the screen (the Digital Roaming indicator), there's a very simple way to get rid of that, too. You can do this at the same time as following the steps above.
1. Follow steps 1-4 above.
2. For "CDMA system ID" put "58"
3. Exit and let the phone restart.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC