Motorola DEVOUR Silver for Verizon Wireless how did we miss this! on bestbuy.com

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
check out this new verizon android phone on best buy website how did we miss this check it out ships now :eek: sorry cant post link post count isnt high enough but its on the front page of there mobile phone site not even on vzw yet! :D

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
thanks alot, i cant beleive that this isnt on the main page thought it would be a big story for android central unless i missed it idk.:confused:

G

GenericMessage

thanks alot, i cant beleive that this isnt on the main page thought it would be a big story for android central unless i missed it idk.:confused:

I don't think it'll be that big of a deal since its dropping at the SAME PRICE as the droid in BBY. (The droid is only $99 right now at BBY).

And with normal costs its only going to be a small difference in price, and most people don't wish to DOWNGRADE their current phones to this.

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
thanks alot for all your help guys whats funny is i have a bb storm 2 vzw but im such a phone junkie i dont want any one to miss out on the latest and greatest LOL.;)

ancient_dragon

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Actually they didn't miss it. While they have not done anything in a couple days, here are links to a couple of posts they did about it last week. First they told of the Feb 25th release date back on Feb 16. http://www.androidcentral.com/best-buy-starts-pre-sale-motorola-devour-devour-releasing-feb-25th
Then they posted about a best buy price sticker on Feb 18th: http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-devour-will-sell-150-best-buy
Then they posted about a video demo on Feb 22nd: http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-devour-gets-video-demo-looks-good

So it definitely has not been missed. However, I just feel its been overshadowed by phones announced at the MWC. The Devour is finding a hard time battling for media attention, since the phone does not excite people enough due to its lack of power and the fact that there are already phones much more powerful on the market already. While the design does actually appeal to me, even I have limited excitement, due to its lack of powerful internal components.

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the reply and i guess i should have searched it first i just got all excited when i didnt see it on the front page and thought maybe just for once i found something that somebody had not seen yet so my bad you can erase this tread if you want since its old news sorry!

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
all i can say is WOW thanks for posting that on the front page for me it means alot to show anybody can contribute to android central and its comunity thanks again for the props!:D

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Actually, it served as a nice reminder and managed to get you mentioned on the front page. :) Feel free to e-mail us if you think we've missed something, too, as it'll get a quicker response.

thanks for the reply and i guess i should have searched it first i just got all excited when i didnt see it on the front page and thought maybe just for once i found something that somebody had not seen yet so my bad you can erase this tread if you want since its old news sorry!

ancient_dragon

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Well it didn't hurt for your post, even if it wasn't completely new. Since obviously people are ignoring this one a bit more than they should. I mean there isn't a dedicated forum for the device, like most others, even ones not released yet. So I can see why you thought they overlooked it. Besides the only reason I am so up-to-date is I don't have my Android yet! I am trying so hard to wait for March 27th for my contract to end. But my anticipation of getting a phone better than my crappy current LG Voyager, has me visiting this site WAY too often lol. So basically I hope I didn't come off sounding all-knowing or anything.

I am looking forward to tryin the Devour, but I don't think Best Buy usually carriers working devices, so might have to wait till mid-March when Verizon stores release it.

Last edited:
G

GenericMessage

Well it didn't hurt for your post, even if it wasn't completely new. Since obviously people are ignoring this one a bit more than they should. I mean there isn't a dedicated forum for the device, like most others, even ones not released yet. So I can see why you thought they overlooked it. Besides the only reason I am so up-to-date is I don't have my Android yet! I am trying so hard to wait for March 27th for my contract to end. But my anticipation of getting a phone better than my crappy current LG Voyager, has me visiting this site WAY too often lol. So basically I hope I didn't come off sounding all-knowing or anything.

I am looking forward to tryin the Devour, but I don't think Best Buy usually carriers working devices, so might have to wait till mid-March when Verizon stores release it.

BBY does have (some) working models, they just keep them locked up. Gotta ask.

ancient_dragon

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
BBY does have (some) working models, they just keep them locked up. Gotta ask.
I did not know that. Thanks for the heads up. I guess that's one of the things you miss, when you avoid the salespeople. Maybe I'll give it a look. I'm always interested in Android devices, especially those with physical keyboards, even though I won't have Verizon at moment.

CPatt44

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I am Rocking the Devour as we speak and MotoBlur is very good on the phone. Automatically backs up all data on their server and also integrates all pages to a single screen for viewing and one touch updating. All history from a contact can be accessed from the contacts' main info screen. Still figuring out more right now.

G

GenericMessage

I am Rocking the Devour as we speak and MotoBlur is very good on the phone. Automatically backs up all data on their server and also integrates all pages to a single screen for viewing and one touch updating. All history from a contact can be accessed from the contacts' main info screen. Still figuring out more right now.

Well keep sharing! You seem to be the only one here whom owns one, i'm gonna go grab one tomorrow to play with and report my findings as well.

maz94protege

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I just picked this phone up today for the wife, its an awesome device, the Blur UI is very appealing, especially for heavy social networking people. But is more user friendly just like the HTC Eris/Hero Sense UI compared to the My Moto Droid 2.0 OS.

3.1" screen is a bit small, but the keyboard is better laid out then the Moto Droid, There is more room between the buttons.

Well worth the $99. I'm glad i waited the extra week to get her the Devour over another Moto Droid, even though i still only paid $99 for my droid last week as well.

Good Device, and i highly recommend it.

G

GenericMessage

I just picked this phone up today for the wife, its an awesome device, the Blur UI is very appealing, especially for heavy social networking people. But is more user friendly just like the HTC Eris/Hero Sense UI compared to the My Moto Droid 2.0 OS.

3.1" screen is a bit small, but the keyboard is better laid out then the Moto Droid, There is more room between the buttons.

Well worth the $99. I'm glad i waited the extra week to get her the Devour over another Moto Droid, even though i still only paid $99 for my droid last week as well.

Good Device, and i highly recommend it.

So why would you (at the same price) recommend the Devour over the Droid?
Other than the far better keyboard.

anon(10986)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I went to BB over the weekend and played around with the dummy unit. I really like it. Im on the fence with this or the N1 if it actually hits VZW in March.

AWDmonster

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Me and the gf went to BB on release day and they didnt even have a working phone for me to check out. I wanted to see motoblur in person as the blur concept has me interested. I like the idea of being able to check out what is on your phone through your computer completely wireless by simply logging in. I just wish it had stronger specs and came with 2.1.

michael styles

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I actually looked elsewhere for th device and even went to the website(Best Buy) when it first popped up on here but I couldn't see it or access it till Monday....Wtf? Oh well it's there now, still a lil disapointed that it lacks: a flash, android 2.0 @ least, & not sure if wi-fi is included either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol