Official Gingerbread update

pckid47

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
has anybody been able to download and install the "official Gingerbread update from verizon at all?

every time i select System updates on my phone, it says my phone is up to date. i know i didnt update it yet though.

dra

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
has anybody been able to download and install the "official Gingerbread update from verizon at all?

every time i select System updates on my phone, it says my phone is up to date. i know i didnt update it yet though.

I keep checking too, and nothing yet...
oh the waiting...

edit:
i may have revert back to an official os build before any updates show up on my droid 2.aaaarrrggg

pckid47

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
im using a D2G. saddly i dont think todays update included D2G as i keep getting the massage that my device is up to date, yet im still on 2.2. i hope our update will take place within a couple of days or so

DriftlessDB

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded and running on my D2, appears to be running fine.

Still can not connect to my Cisco/Linksys Wireless N Router.

WIll post if anything pops up.

DB

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Oh man I wish I didn't just install this. Now my phone looks like a Fisher Price toy. This whole new color scheme is ATROCIOUS!!! Blue everywhere, I hate blue, gray all over where it used to be a nice battery saving black. I also now have the latest Google Maps which I wasn't updating because of the stupid permanent search bar that wastes screen space when I can simply hit the menu button and search.

I didn't do any kind of backup... I'm guessing there's no easy way to go back?? I sooo hate this.

*EDIT - also, where the hell did the battery meter go?? I don't see the battery meter that shows for example 80% and whatnot. I only see how much battery is used by each process.

Rev.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo