Gingerbread Update for D2G

D2Gfan

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys wanted to let you know Droid 2 Global's gingerbread update looks to be pushing out now. I just installed it for my phone. Check for an update if you have a Global. Update 4.5.607.A956.Verizon.en.US, OS 2.3.3
-D2Gfan

Rav3nCroft

May 12, 2011
Visit site
My wife's phone updated this morning while we were out of town (only 30 miles away). When we got home I checked my daughter's phone and she hasn't received the update nor is it available when you check.

Listicka

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I live in Indianapolis area and do not have an update available yet. My hubby's D2 updated yesterday within 5 minutes and he loves the update. It is faster and the buzzing is finally gone :eek:)
The update is in testing for D2G progress per Motorola's web.

Rav3nCroft

May 12, 2011
Visit site
BTW, we were in Fort Wayne when her phone updated. She says it seems to run faster and more smooth than before . Things noticed right away... New 3g icon, 4 buttons across the bottom instead of 3 (similar to running a custom home launcher), and she mentioned changes to the app drawer.

cinnamin

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I checked for the update before bed i have it. I'm in Pennsylvania.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Updated!

Some thoughts. The phone is a lot smoother than before. I experience no lag like I did before. The new UI will take some getting used to. The blue theme that others have stated on the normal D2 update is rather nice IMO. It does take some time getting used to. One thing I do hate is the new bottom buttons. They located the apps button to the bottom right from the middle. And I don't think it can be moved. Also, they added the ability to group your apps so you can easily find them if you have a large library of apps. Overall I am very pleased with this upgrade, mainly due to its performance improvements.

Last edited:

spurdog46

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Got my update in Knoxville about 6 hours ago. No problems to report, although the 4 software buttons at the bottom will take some getting used to. Looks like you can change the software buttons at the bottom. Just press and hold on one and you can change it other loaded software. I will keep what they have though. Also its too early to tell about any battery life improvements.

rmjks95

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
...Also its too early to tell about any battery life improvements.
Got the update early yesterday morning.
I can definitely tell there's a marked improvement in battery life.
I purposely did more than I normally do, with regards to data / app useage.
From a full charge after the update at about 8am, until I finally called it a night about 11pm, battery strength was at 60% when my head hit the pillow.
With 2.2, I was lucky if I made it to lunch before it hit 50%.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
my wifes d2g still has not detected the update. in nc. tried last night an tried just now. needs to hurry up. i dont understand why the update wont detect.

d1c1ple

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
got late last night on mine; battery usage seems to be improved; using the battery monitor widget from 3c; w/ 2.2 I'd get steep drops every hour stepping down; now more a linear sloping decline.. we'll see if it holds

jfarling

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Moto has halted the updates....guess they found an issue with security in Exchange Mail and what not......no idea when it will be back. I hate it myself, I got GB and it was currupted. VZW gave me a new D2G and now it has Froyo again :(

Reactions: cinnamin and TheMiz

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87