*D2G Battery Life*

whiplash473

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend's d2g has insanely terrible battery life....unplug @8am and by noon she's down to 60% and she has barely used it.....my DX2 gets this battery life and I have everything maxed out (brightness, performance setting syncs, etc).....It just doesn't seem normal for her phone to have that battery life when she has auto brightness and things like that on..plus a smaller screen.....I rooted it and froze a bunch of bloat and that didn't seem to help the battery life.....is this normal compared to everyone else's?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

D2Gfan

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
If your on Verizon you can try turning your settings to CDMA only. Settings>Wireless & networks>Mobile netwroks>Network Mode. By turning off all of the GSM receivers you can save some battery life. But this phone just seems to have a lower lifespan then others.

whiplash473

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Strictly cuz I don't know much about networks..will that affect anything with the way she receives txt/calls/mms?

whiplash473

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Very much..ye she's on VZW..that's no problem we're never really out of country....thanks

D2Gfan

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Very much..ye she's on VZW..that's no problem we're never really out of country....thanks

Your welcome. The update also seemed to help with the battery life. Today I was able to get 14 hours of heavy E-mail, web, txts, and some lite gaming and playing with settings.

whiplash473

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Your welcome. The update also seemed to help with the battery life. Today I was able to get 14 hours of heavy E-mail, web, txts, and some lite gaming and playing with settings.

Wow! Well hopefully the update helps her out that much.....updated last night but it failed so it'll update sometime this morning.......ill post back in a few days and say how its been..changed the signal too