Droid 2 = biggest piece of manufactured smart-garbage ever

bborst

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had it with this phone. Since January 2010 I've a total of seven warranty replacements issued by Verizon, each time was a different problem. My latest started when I updated to Gingerbread (no ROM), that phone worked great for the two months that I had it before the update went through. So after tiring of the problems (locked up at boot screen, virtual keyboard presses keys for me, apps drawer flips itself and locks, etc.) I called Verizon and requested my eighth replacement.

That replacement arrived Monday and right out of the box it was defective. It wouldn't read my SD card, couldn't find certain apps in the Marketplace, and then the very next day I could make/receive calls but no one can hear my voice. Called Verizon back and complained, told them I am sick and tired of dealing with this stupid phone and would like to switch to a different manufacturer.

The first tech rep I spoke too said they can only move me to a different Motorola Droid device. They offered me a D2 Global, Droid X2 and eventually a free Droid 3. I refused them all, eventually ending the call unsatisfied with their answer and offer. I called back the next day and spoke to a different rep, he reviewed my account history and saw the number of replacements and the service rep happily moved me onto a Droid Incredible 2.

That phone should be here today and I can't wait to get home. I guess I'm not really expecting any comments but I just wanted to state that I will never buy another Motorola product again. I am done with this company and I'm just happy Verizon did the right thing.

mascotea

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the experience I had with my last phone, a Palm Pre. All manufacturers are subject to lemons, and the chances of getting a bad handset quadruple when they start sending you "refurbished" replacements.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I understand how you feel but you need to understand you are just unlucky in this case. Others have been too, but I have not been. My phone has been quite awesome. I did have one week where I had a few sudden phone restarts and even posted about it here. But since my posting it's gone away. I got the Gingerbread update and all was fine but I hated it, especially the theme and visual aesthetics are rather important to me so I flashed back to the Froyo version I had and have been VERY happy since.

I have not had ANY of the issues you have and I've had my phone now for one year as of next month.

Rev.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. There is no perfect phone. I'm just happy that you didn't switch to a different platform.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

cinnamin

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I know how you feel I came from droid 2 global investment had 4 or 5 replacements all had different issues. I now have a droid 2 incredible. Early upgrade I had to pay for it though.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Jhett

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
My wife has had similar (although not as extreme) problems with her D2. She is on her third and still has major problems with the device. At this point she is just biding the time until her contract is up so she can change over to a different unit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae