Droid 2 Visual Voice Mail Only Shows Numbers, Not Names?

Freshy

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Please help!

After the latest GB update, the Visual Voicemail app works, but only shows the callers NUMBER, not their NAME. Caller ID and other contacts related apps are working just fine, though.

I've spent a good hour searching for the solution, but no luck.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Any reason why you're using VV instead of Google Voice? The transcription generally means I don't need to check the voicemail and it syncs to my Google Contact information. Being free doesn't hurt, either ;)

Freshy

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Any reason why you're using VV instead of Google Voice? The transcription generally means I don't need to check the voicemail and it syncs to my Google Contact information. Being free doesn't hurt, either ;)

It's my wife's phone, she's had the number forever and won't change it, and really isn't technical and wants everything to just work and be basic.

Soooo....anybody PLEASE able to help me fix this issue. We can't be the only one. Thanks.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Wish I could help with the VV issue, but with Google Voice you don't need to change your number to get basic voicemail functions, you just need to set up call forwarding (a one-time process). If that's an option I'd be happy to walk you through the process.

Freshy

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate it, but honestly, she's just a stock-only type of gal.

But perhaps I should set it up on my T-Bolt? I have a Google Voice number already, guess I've just been too intimidated to try and set it up.

Last edited:

markm

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Freshy -- I was hesitant also, but went ahead and gave it a try figuring I'd be able to figure out how to switch it back if I needed to. I like it so much, I've now have switched my work voicemail over also. The transcription service can be a tad humorous when it guesses, but I do like the ease and haven't had to dial my voicemail since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463