Calling issue since GB Update

jfarling

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Just curious if anyone has had this issue.

Ever since I updated to GB, I run into this issue once a day if not once every other day. My phone will ring or I will go to make a call and nothing,dead air. The timer shows as if the call is connected. If I am calling someone, they say the phone rings, but when they pick it up, no one is there (they cant hear me and I cant hear them). If I am getting a call, I answer it, and I cant hear anyone and they cant hear me.

One note - This is my second D2G....the first one did the same thing with the orgional release of GB before Moto halted it.

precious-droid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
My husbands Droid 2 has had this same problem ever since the os update. Verizon has already replaced my husband's phone once because of this problem and now his 'newly refurbished' replacement phone is doing the same thing again. He's had it for less than a month.

Just wondering if anyone out there has an answer on how to fix it for us?

jfbrowne

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
It sounds dumb, but is it possible that your phone is connected to a bluetooth device? Happens to me occasionally. I'll pick up a call while I'm close enough to my truck that it's still connected to BT.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
It sounds dumb, but is it possible that your phone is connected to a bluetooth device? Happens to me occasionally. I'll pick up a call while I'm close enough to my truck that it's still connected to BT.

This happens to me quite a bit. Usually it's in the winter when I've used the remote starter on my car, or it's after I've just gotten out of my car and started to walk into the office/house/mall/whatever. I have been seriously shocked by the range of my bluetooth connection.

precious-droid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Just an update on my husband's situation.. After 3 replacement Droid 2's and 1 replacement Droid 3 doing the same thing as all the others did, Verizon sent him an HTC Droid Incredible 2 this morning and so far, 6 hours in it seems to be working great. However, Verizon nor Motorolla has been able to give us an explanation as to why all of his phones were doing this. I just hope that the new model of phone will be the solution, the hassle of the last few months has made me a disgruntled customer for sure.