okay so heres the deal i rooted my phone by droid Droid-lifes onclick root was awsome
    so then i installed rom manager tried flashing clock work nothing
    down loaded CWM tried booting into work

then i found out i needed boot strap not cw so i got that installed in and loaded up Liquid gingerbread Rom was pretty cool but i wanted to check out the cyanogen mod rom so what i did was this

started up boot strap app and then booted up into recovery from bootstrap and i wiped cache and then wiped data

then i installed the cyanogen mod rom loaded up siad it finished installing so then i clicked on reboot system now

thats when the problem started it was stuck at the motorola M for a long time like 10 minutes or so. of course i pulled the battery and restarted same thing left it for an hour nothing tried booting into recovery it loads up stock android recovery

and ideas on how to fix would be much apperciated i have RSD lite on my computer and yes im new to this.
    i did perform backups threw rom manager and cwm but they werent zips because i tried putting them onto the root of my sd and loading it up but they didnt show up

any help would be awesome. oh i think my phone to start with was on gingerbread android verison 2.3.3 ? i no it wasnt 2.2

so that was my new rooting experiance
    02-11-2012 08:55 PM
    Your bootlooping because you went from a GB kerneled ROM to a Froyo kerneled ROM.

Your going to have to SBF to froyo then accept the GB OTA and reroot.

SBF instructions: http://forums.androidcentral.com/dro...ack-stock.html
    02-12-2012 11:16 AM
    ok so i tried SBF back to stock RSD lite was giving me problems right away but i figured out rename the file i did to ABCD. what ever the file is. that worked and it was flashing my phone but at the end at like 99 or 100% it failed and said secure motorola flash interface could not be found. so i restarted my phone in bootloader mode and it said curropt file. what do i do from here??

im using windows vista running as admin a
    ll the correct drivers
    im using RSD lite 4.7

i just want to run a rom and overclock my phone but this is turning into a nightmare
    any help is much appercated
    02-14-2012 01:56 PM
    Is it still bootlooping? Stuck at the M?
    02-14-2012 05:46 PM
    i only tried turning it on once after i flashed it threw RSD and it went to bootloader..... it was real late lastnight so i dont know if i was holding down the up arrow or not to get into bootloader but i havent tried starting it after.

should i boot it up and see what happens ?? even tho i got that error should it be fine ? and then just ota update to gb and reroot and flash rom?

thanks for the help also scarryman04
    02-14-2012 06:04 PM
    Yeah try to boot it up...it might take a while or bootloop again, if it does just do a battery pull and try to boot it up again. No problem...I was a noob once too so I like helping out whenever I can
    02-14-2012 06:29 PM
    Alright cool I'll try it either tonight or tomorrow night hopefully I'll be busy doing something els tonight after I get out of work haha
    02-14-2012 06:36 PM
    Sweet man if that doesn't work then try the method that is in the first post of the how to that is in the help at the bottom that says corrupt code.
    02-14-2012 07:13 PM
    Okay so I'll post up if I got my phone fixed or not because my dad fried my comp so everything might be lost (long story but what ever) ill keep you posted tho on when ever I fix it
    02-15-2012 10:15 PM
    My phone was stuck at the moto logo too, how did you get to recovery?
    02-28-2012 10:40 AM
    Hold x and power while booting phone on...once you see a screen press the magnifying glass button on the keyboard...but that prolly won't work because you have to use the bootstrap to access recovery
    02-28-2012 10:42 PM
    Your bootlooping because you went from a GB kerneled ROM to a Froyo kerneled ROM.

Your going to have to SBF to froyo then accept the GB OTA and reroot.

SBF instructions: http://forums.androidcentral.com/dro...ack-stock.html
    There is a 2.3 SBF for Droid 2. There is no need to go back to froyo any longer.
    02-29-2012 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD