Hello all-

I have never rooted a phone or anything and have always wanted to dabble with it. I had an old Droid 2 global laying around so I gave it a shot. I found and used Motorola One Click Root.

I guess my next questions is - now what? I had read before that you can remove bloatware and things like that (a lot of VZW stuff) - but how do I do that? I guess I am not familiar enough with the process to know where to go or what to do.

I also have read about custom ROMs and things like that - anyone have any good recommendations for that?

For my first root - it was very easy. Any input is appreciated.
    02-15-2012 12:36 PM
    Your first going to need to download a app called Droid 2 bootstrap, you need it to have a custom recovery so you can flash ROMs.

I highly recommend this MIUI ROM...amazing battery life, tons of customization, and hardly any bugs!

NEW! Galnet MIUI ICS 2.2.10 ( 1% Batt, Charge While Off, Updated Bootmenu, Scripts ) - RootzWiki
    02-15-2012 04:05 PM
    Thanks.

But how do I go about removing bloatware - for example ?
    02-17-2012 06:32 AM
    If you flash a custom ROM it will already be de-bloated.

Or you could delete them manually with a root file browser, I prefer es file explorer and delete them the /system/app directory or download Titanium Backup from the market and choose to either delete or only freeze them.
    02-17-2012 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD