Why is there not more chatter on the D2?

karnovaran

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Why in blazes would anyone who has the X or Incredible go to the Droid 2? Sure, the Droid 2 has a faster processor then the Droid 1 but thats basically it. Oh yes, the new keyboard, forgot about that. Honestly, I wouldn't change just for the new keyboard. When I had the droid 1, I rarely used the keyboard and I was one of the few who actually liked it. For me, a slideout keyboard just doesn't work for me. The droid 2 is built nice like the first one so that may be a huge factor for many.

I had the Incredible and had to be convinced to try the X. The Incredible with the stock battery just doesn't cut it. The Incredible with the extended battery does cut it, and it does it in a huge way. The Incredible has the best browser of any Android, thats my opinion. It worked wonders for me and I loved how it auto fit on a dime.

The X was basically shoved in my face so I had to try it. The first week was iffy because of the battery problem but even that was not to big of a deal after learning that all it took was a reboot. With the new update, the X for lack of a better word, is " Incredible". I have had many phones in my life and for the first time ever, I feel satisfied. For a cellphone junky to be satisfied is bad news my friends. I can only imagine what Froyo will do to it.

In summary, with the good build quality and pretty good standard battery life, good camera, very good camcorder, wonderful screen with boatloads of extras that makes you appreciate the screen even more, the wonderful feel of the phone in your hand, the X, for the money is the logical choice to buy.
In no way am I bashing the other phones, lets be clear about that. What I will be clear about is that in my opinion, the X is the best Android out right now.
You mentioned the Droid 2 only once in that entire novel. You think maybe this belongs in another forum?

Believe it or not, not everyone has or wants an X or Incredible. Android is about choice and the D2 is just another option for those who want its features. There's no need to crown one phone the king - the other overlords do that for their sheep.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Why in blazes would anyone who has the X or Incredible go to the Droid 2?

Wasn't my question - I'm curious why, with same or better specs than the Inc, this D2 isn't attracting more attention. If I had the X or Inc, I would'nt suspect I would even think of switching to the D2, but for a non-Android user today, I have a choice in front of me. The X is out of the question - it's just too big for me.

Axlfro

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I own an DINC and i'm def switching to D2 on Thursday when it comes out. I'm pretty confident saying WHEN, since 2 sales reps at 2 different verizon stores told me to wait until Aug 12 for the D2 if I want to swap out my phone (I'm still under my 30 days with DINC). Don't get me wrong the Incredible is a great phone but the battery straight up sucks. Why should I have to pay an extra $50 for an extended battery to have my phone work for more than 6 hours when the stock battery should have done it's job in the first place?

Considired the X, looks to ugly and big. I also do miss having a physical keyboard. I feel the the keyboard in portrait mode on the DINC is too skinny and makes a lot of errors when typing. Can't wait for D2.

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
The only difference the D2 brings is a better keyboard, and Froyo out the box. I'll play with a live model soon, but there's no leaving my Incredible just yet! ;-)

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

ferniesp

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't my question - I'm curious why, with same or better specs than the Inc, this D2 isn't attracting more attention. If I had the X or Inc, I would'nt suspect I would even think of switching to the D2, but for a non-Android user today, I have a choice in front of me. The X is out of the question - it's just too big for me.

I'll give you my reasons.

1: e-mail reading on the Droid 1 was horrendous and I don't think it will change with the Droid 2. What I am saying is that you cannot customize the font and stock e-mail is tiny. This has been a problem with the Droid 1 since day one. For you, it may not be a big deal, for me, it was huge!

2: Droid 1 browser is good, not great. I even ran it with Froyo, still not as good as the Incredible. I am a huge data guy. The Auto fit on the HTC is second to none.

3: I think the Incredible has a better screen then the Droid 1 and I am sure it will be better then the droid 2. The X is very similar to the Droid screen but with the screen being so large, I have zero problems with it in the sunlight.

4: The droid 1 felt heavy and the droid 2 will be no different.

With that said, if you really need a physical keyboard, go with the Droid 2. Like everyone will agree on, it's all preference at the end of the day.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Yep, it's not really possible for me to make my decision until I can see both together, in person. On the 12th hopefully. I know the D2 will have many similarities to the D1, but will be a brand new phone with it's own specs to brag about. The more I consider, I'm leaning towards the Inc, but would really like to check out the UI (I love HTC's Sense) on the D2 and keyboard. If those things are up to par, it might just be D2. The D1 keyboard and dpad is probably the worst keyboard I have ever tried and the gold dpad looks straight out of 2002, so Moto did not impress me at all with that one. I'm hoping that the D2, unlike what people are saying, is more than just a slightly newer and polished D1.

karnovaran

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping that the D2, unlike what people are saying, is more than just a slightly newer and polished D1.
There are soo many Moto Droid owners that it only takes about 0.00001% of them to knock the Droid 2 as a minor upgrade for it to seem like everyone is saying it. I think the performance difference with double the RAM will be very noticeable. The encrypted bootloader is the only knock for me, and while it's a big one, I have faith that we'll be able to find ways to achieve some of the advantages of custom ROMs eventually.

Mattism78

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I can't really imagine why someone would switch from a Dinc or X to the D2. With that being said there are those of us that are switching to an Android device. I personally REALLY want a keyboard. I've had a 3Gs for a while now and I'm over the touchscreen typos.

To me that narrows it down to 2 phones. The D2, and the Epic. Who knows when the latter is hitting the market so I'm going to go give the D2 a thorough look.

Last edited:

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
There are soo many Moto Droid owners that it only takes about 0.00001% of them to knock the Droid 2 as a minor upgrade for it to seem like everyone is saying it. I think the performance difference with double the RAM will be very noticeable. The encrypted bootloader is the only knock for me, and while it's a big one, I have faith that we'll be able to find ways to achieve some of the advantages of custom ROMs eventually.
All good points. No different from other platforms - the naysayers are always the loudest.

I can't really imagine why someone would switch from a Dinc or X to the D2. With that being said there are those of us that are switching to a Droid device. I personally REALLY want a keyboard. I've had a 3Gs for a while now and I'm over the touchscreen typos.

To me that narrows it down to 2 phones. The D2, and the Epic. Who knows when the latter is hitting the market so I'm going to go give the D2 a thorough look.

I have to, and want to, stick with Verizon, so my choices are the DX, D2 and INc. The DX is out (size) for sure, so Thursday I'll be at vzw looking at the D2. The rooting issue isn't such a big deal for me, as the only things I didn't have on the Inc. that I needed are covered with 2.2. (BT voice dialing and wireless tethering). Now I just need to compare the UI and speed on the D2.

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
People just arent as exited about the d2 but i am. ive got one ordered. it took what was an excellent device and improved on it. you can cry about the bootloader all day but itll be hacked reguardless. I have an x and i must be the only one who uses stock blur theres nothing wrong with it. i dont have any lag easy to use etc. My gf wants the physical keyboard and a smaller screen so the d2 is perfect.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Nothing wrong with the D2, but why buy the D2 now when you can wait a couple of months and get the Pro which seems to be a alot more phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084