View Poll Results: Which device OS have you been sporting?

Voters
239. You may not vote on this poll
  • Android FTW!

47 19.67%
  • Blackberry

131 54.81%
  • Windows Mobile

13 5.44%
  • iPhone

13 5.44%
  • Symbian

0 0%
  • Palm

14 5.86%
  • Dumphone

21 8.79%
03-06-2011 10:33 AM
105 ... 345
tools
    Switching from BlackBerry to Droid 2
    01-13-2011 03:23 PM
    Switching from dumbphone to R2D2. I decided on the Droid platform because my son has one, and life is easier when family members speak the same "language". Plus, I'm a StarWars fan.
    01-21-2011 07:52 PM
    Well I have switched from my Crackberry (literally, had a slice through the screen, hehehehe) to the Droid 2 because it is the ultimate phone on Verizon. I know, I know. Sure, it depends on what you like. It has an average size to it, Not too small, not too big. The keyboard is mighty fine as well. It has a very decent amount of ROM included and expandable memory. The 1 GHz processor can be overclocked and can also be rooted. It is a great phone which is highly recommendable. I switched mainly because I wanted Android desperately, needed a keyboard, and fell in love with this device.
    01-25-2011 05:04 PM
    I'll be switching from my Blackberry Storm 2 to a D2G in a few days. Blackberry has given me some damn good years as I have been a long and loyal crack berry abuser.

Unfortunately over the last year I watched RIM slow down to the point where it doesn't even seem like they are trying. CES was a huge disappointment for me...all I could think of was "really RIM? That's the best you can do?"

My contract ends 2/5 and the iPhone while interesting, just didn't convince me. I already have an iPad, iPod classic, and iPod touch. I'm good on Apple products for the time being.

My decision to move to android came from seeing demonstrations from friends. After a few weeks of playing around and learning the basics I was sold. The apps, the OS, the web browsing...all left me very impressed. I found myself wondering why my POS storm 2 couldn't do those things half as good...that's when I knew it was time to leave.

I hope to have my D2G soon and join the ranks of android!
    01-29-2011 01:09 AM
    I'm actually switching from a Droid X. The X was a great device. The best that I have ever owned, but I really wanted a physical keyboard. The Droid 2 Global is like the X with a real keyboard. The HD video recording, HDMI port, and larger screen was worth giving up for the physical keyboard, faster processor, global capability, and profiles. I am very happy with my decision.
    03-06-2011 10:33 AM
105 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD