R2-D2 Limited Edition.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Who is going to wait for it? Available in Sept. And a sneak peak at Star Wars Celebration in Orlando Fl.
R2-D2 DROID 2 In honor of the iconic Astromech Droid from the Star Wars? Saga, Verizon Wireless will offer a limited-edition R2-D2 version of the DROID 2, available only online in September. The special version of the phone will feature exclusive Star Wars content and external hardware designed to look like the trusty Droid from the film saga. Visitors to the upcoming Star Wars Celebration V in Orlando, Fla., can see a preview of the limited edition phone and sign up to receive alerts when the phone is ready for sale.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Not me. My wife already thinks I'm a geek from being in the marching band. If I come home with an R2D2 decorated phone, she might just divorce me on principle.

karnovaran

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm quietly hoping this special edition could also have a special bootloader... I'll trip over myself to order it if that's the case. And speaking of cases, I'd hide the R2D2 stuff with one.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site

Shooperman

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
A rep told me the other day the R2-D2 edition will be all white with blue markings. No mention of any software though. He sounded like he knew what he was talking about, but he said all he heard was rumors, so who knows.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hm...I wonder how "limited" this will be.

Limited like the Michael Jackson "This is it" Limited Edition USB Memory Stick with the movie pre-loaded. I've gotten 5 of them for free, just for ordering "normal" product.

PM me if you want to buy one! ;) They're Limited Edition with a seal of authenticity! ;) Suchhhhh a deal I'll make you! ;)

Last edited:

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
From the pictures that I've seen of the phone, I think it looks a bit cheesy. Cute idea, but I can't say I'd want to carry it around with me.

I'm curious though what the Star Wars extras on it are.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. I was going to hold out for it until I saw what it looked like. It's not at all subtle, and being a professional there's no way I could answer that phone in a business environment and not lose face. :)

Here's some pics:

Limited Edition R2-D2 Motorola Droid 2 Available on September 30

Instead I just loaded some R2D2 wallpaper and sounds on my Droid 2, and it's just fine by me.

I've done pretty much the same thing. I was surprised at how many R2D2 audio files are out there. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but still cool all the same.

Besides, I actually kind of like the color scheme of the Droid 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463