Bold 9650 to D2?

johntkong

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Any jumpers?? I'm in my 30 days still. I love my Bold but I'm curious as to how many, if any, crackberry users/abusers will make the jump.

Shooperman

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm jumping from the 9550 to The Droid 2, and not looking back. I have been a BalckBerry user for over 4 years, and they have done their job well, but I am more than ready to move on.

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I've talked about this a lot on here, but I've never looked back since I made the switch from a curve. I came super close to getting the 9650 when it came out b/c I was always jealous of my good friend's bold 9700, and obviously the curve was a bit behind... but I was dragging my feet and, lo and behold, the x came out. Super happy. I always tell bb users I know to jump in, go with android, you won't be let down.
Btw that same friend ended up getting the mytouch slide...and he is way happier with that than he was with his 9700!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Blackberry does not have anything on Android. I would pay for the D2 before I would take the 9800 Torch or any blackberry for free.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah...I used a Blackberry variant for 5 years before I switched to an iPhone for about 6 months and then to Droid based phones (OG Droid, Incredible and now X) and it really isn't even close. I'll take Android any day over all of the competitors.

johntkong

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I am still on the fence but it's good to know there are other crackberry users and abusers who have left the farm. I will update as to what I decide.

And has anyone noticed how subpar the BB browser is?? My gosh, it took two tries to open this forum.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I solved my problem, I added another line and use both the VZ Bold and the D2. Love both and would not like to be without either one of them.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I have a Torch, VZ Bold, and D2. I can say that I like the Torch a lot more than the Bold. Actually I would use the Torch more if it were not on AT&T. VZ in my area is King as I am sure that AT@T works fine in other areas just not as well in mine. If the Torch were on VZ, I would love it. But I have the D2 to cover that area.

SolidOrange

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
i traded my storm 2 for a Droid1 + $$$ to a guy on craigslist that needed a BB for work and haven't looked back. i really thought i liked the S2 before i made the jump, now i wish i had done it sooner... or found somebody who wanted to trade me a D2, lol. fact of the matter is that while BB did everything i needed it to, the android platform does everything i need and so much more!

BBash

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I was a BB user for about 3 or 4 years. I left the Storm for my D2 and I am SOO happy. No comparison. I really like BB email/text but I'm doing fine without it. So much more on the Droid.

Last edited:

BBash

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
STORM 1 to DROID 2. Only problem I am having is learning to type. No words can describe the difference.
Shoooooot, more like NOW you CAN type. :)
I had a Storm and my life is so much better with my Droid 2 swype, keyboard, etc.

Last edited:

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I had a Tour, then switched to Droid 1. Went from Droid 1 to Droid 2, then added Droid X. I just returned the X under my 30-day WFG, as I can't stand the battery life. It's not good on the Droid 2, either. As soon as they reset my new every 2, I will get a Bold 9650. It will do what I do in a normal day (e-mail, text, phone calls), and do it with good battery life. I love android, but it needs some more polish and fine-tuning IMHO. Maybe I will try again with Gingerbread.
BTW, I still have the Droid 2, just in case of change of heart!