Droid 2-day 1 coming from Dinc.

Axlfro

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Picked her up this morning around 1030 and they were almost sold out at the VZW corporate store in NYC! Here are my initial thoughts after playing with it for a few hours:

-Coming from DINC I feel that the processor on the D2 is slower. When you scroll through contacts on the DINC, it was a very smooth and fluid scroll. When doing so on the D2, the scroll seems very jumpy and not constant. Switching between screens seems to be a little slower as well when compared to the DINC.

-When typing, sometimes the words do not keep up when typing fast. I had to do a battery pull to fix this problem.

-Having issues linking Facebook contacts to phone contacts. To do so manually, it is confusing and slows the phone down.

-Phone call quality I feel is not up to par. The speaker crackles even when in-call volume is at mid-range. What is up with that?

Overall, the DINC felt like it had a much more smoother, polished, and solid UI and processor compared to D2. Anyone else sharing the same issues as me? Maybe it's Froyo, and not the phone?

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes I've seen these issues myself. I only purchased this phone on 30 day rental.

i plan on returning and buying the Samsung Fascinate.

I also had a droid incredible and I feel that moto really didn't do much with the droid 2.

leathernuts#WP

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Fact is, the incredible is smoother. Im on a droid x. And its smoother than this one too. It must be the snap dragon processor or htc themselves. But the moto droids have good things about them too. I love my x.

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
The DINC hasn't been out very long, most people waited a month to get theirs but people are already jumping ship for the Droid 2? I feel like I've seen more ppl give up their DINCs for the Droid 2 than the DX. I could be wrong though..I like having the newest toy too but that's a lot of cash especially if you're paying retail!

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes I've seen these issues myself. I only purchased this phone on 30 day rental.

i plan on returning and buying the Samsung Fascinate.

Huh? I'm not quite a regular around here yet, but I don't think I've seen any word on a Fascinate launch. Hoping otherwise, but if not, I'm getting the Inc.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Huh? I'm not quite a regular around here yet, but I don't think I've seen any word on a Fascinate launch. Hoping otherwise, but if not, I'm getting the Inc.

you will regret it. I've had the incredible and played around with the Galaxy S line of phones.

No Comparison. The Galaxy S(Fascinate) is the clear winner. I'd expect a early/mid sept release of the facinate.

I like having the newest toy too but that's a lot of cash especially if you're paying retail!

Not if you wisely sold your incredible early when the demand was sky high. I was able to sell my inc on ebay after a month of use for $525.

I've been able to upgrade at a very very low cost.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
you will regret it. I've had the incredible and played around with the Galaxy S line of phones.

No Comparison. The Galaxy S(Fascinate) is the clear winner. I'd expect a early/mid sept release of the facinate.

Can you provide specifics on what makes the Fascinate better? Looking for opinions....

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Can you provide specifics on what makes the Fascinate better? Looking for opinions....

If you want a notification light (a must for me) or a flash on your camera don't bother. The Galaxy S line of phones don't have them. The Captivate is a fine phone...I've played with one quite a bit because a co-working has one. I still prefer almost all of Verizon's current high end Droid's (2, X, Inc).

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

since it seems you were asking me, i'll answer with my opinion.

The super amoled screen gives a much better screen. Once you play with this phone you will see the difference. Not much I can explain. Best thing would be to do a side by side comparison of each device.

Also the GPU on the Samsung is better then the droid(x,2,1). You get a lot of fps and combined with a super amoled display it's just a pristine viewing experience. This is helpful for gaming and overall video viewing.

I also like the form factor of the device. Does not have motorola bulk to it. Very light and comfortable to hold in a hand.

I currently have a droid2 on a 30 day rental. I'm trying to liek ti but everytime I look at the screen I'm disapointed in screen quality. I keep thinking about the Galaxy S super amoled and crisp display.

IMHO
Super amoled = HD
TFT LCD(Droid x,1,2) = SD

Notification light has an app that resolves the issue. The no flash on camera is not an issue at all. I also believe the Verizon Fascinate may be shipping with flash camera so that point is moot.

Either way it's not needed as the Galaxy S does an astounding job at low light image capture.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site

The super amoled screen gives a much better screen. Once you play with this phone you will see the difference. Not much I can explain. Best thing would be to do a side by side comparison of each device.

Also the GPU on the Samsung is better then the droid(x,2,1). You get a lot of fps and combined with a super amoled display it's just a pristine viewing experience. This is helpful for gaming and overall video viewing.

I also like the form factor of the device. Does not have motorola bulk to it. Very light and comfortable to hold in a hand.

I currently have a droid2 on a 30 day rental. I'm trying to liek ti but everytime I look at the screen I'm disapointed in screen quality. I keep thinking about the Galaxy S super amoled and crisp display.

IMHO
Super amoled = HD
TFT LCD(Droid x,1,2) = SD

Notification light has an app that resolves the issue. The no flash on camera is not an issue at all. I also believe the Verizon Fascinate may be shipping with flash camera so that point is moot.

Either way it's not needed as the Galaxy S does an astounding job at low light image capture.

Please do explain how an APP can take the place of an actual light on the front of the phone.

I do agree that the Captivate (the only Galaxy phone I've used) is pretty damn nice. The form factor and 4" screen are fantastic. I do disagree however that OLED is better than the Droid X/1/2 LCD. I've had a few OLED screens and they are just artificially colored to me. They are nice and bright...and the blacks are unmatched for sure, they just don't look natural to me. I've had the Incredible, a Zune HD, currently I've got a Cowon J3...and none of them look as natural to me as the Droid or Droid X screens. It's all personal opinion obviously and it seems most prefer the OLED screens these days, but I'm not sure if it's from experience...they've got a lot of hype. Oh well.

And my experience with the Samsung camera was about par for the course. Pretty bad. The Incredible was probably the most impressive camera but that was mostly because of the speed. Cameras on cell phones suck...period.

Now I'm just being a jerk...so I'm sorry. I just don't want to delete my hard work on the keyboard. :) Basically it's all about preferences and we're all different. I just don't want people to think the Fascinate is god's gift to the Android family. It's a nice phone and i'll probably get one because I get everything. :) Sucks to be a tech geek I guess. I am also not a fan at all of Touchwiz. People give Motorola crap for blur, but I think Touchwiz is worse.

Last edited:

leathernuts#WP

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

Also the GPU on the Samsung is better then the droid(x,2,1). You get a lot of fps and combined with a super amoled display it's just a pristine viewing experience........

pristine viewing experience? are you serious? Whatever floats your boat, if a 4" screen on anything is pristine, than more power to you.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm still not sure which one I want to go to from my Droid Eris. I've gotten so spoiled by the size. I love that its so small and compact. I'll probably be going with the Incredible.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm still not sure which one I want to go to from my Droid Eris. I've gotten so spoiled by the size. I love that its so small and compact. I'll probably be going with the Incredible.

If you don't mind the Sense UI, then by all means, the Incredible is a great phone. Just be sure to get the extended battery from Seidio (the 1750 works great) because you'll need it. The battery life on the standard battery is atrocious. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan