Possible Early Upgrade

xxxxxxxxxx

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the first Blackberry Storm. I am looking into upgrading to the Droid 2 as soon as I can.

Purchased Storm: 1/17/2009
New Every Two Eligible: 9/17/2010
Contract Ends: 1/17/2011

I (for the heck of it) was looking at the pricing for an early upgrade online at Verizon. It told me that I would have to pay full price for the phone, but when I looked at the list of phones it gave me the discounted price. I went on and went forward all the way until I had to submit changes to my account. The order summary still gave me a cost of 199.99 for the upgrade.

I read that there is an early upgrade offer through the end of the month, but your contract had to be ending by 12/31/10 where mine is 17 days later.

Has anyone else seen this and tried? And if so, did it work?

Thanks...

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Looks like they're allowing an early upgrade, but it doesn't appear that you had any New Every Two discount. That may be the difference, i.e., they're allowing the early upgrade, but not the additional discount that you'd get on 9/17. Are you the primary line on your account?

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
yeah, you can upgrade after 12 months, and you can get the phone for 199.99...if you wait until your new every two date, you can get $30, $50, or $100 off depending on your plan

xxxxxxxxxx

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I am the primary line, and in fact the only line on the account. I only heard that I can only save $50 with the new every two. That doesn't matter to me. I would like to get it now. My Blackberry is now acting real slow and I am getting fed up with it. I have been itching to move to a Droid for the past three months. I can't wait another 35 days...

I guess I will either do it soon, or think about it over the weekend...

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I am the primary line, and in fact the only line on the account. I only heard that I can only save $50 with the new every two. That doesn't matter to me. I would like to get it now. My Blackberry is now acting real slow and I am getting fed up with it. I have been itching to move to a Droid for the past three months. I can't wait another 35 days...

I guess I will either do it soon, or think about it over the weekend...

Yeah, you'll only save $50 bucks if you wait till your NE2 date, so if you're itching and the 50 bucks isn't a big deal, just get it now. As long as you get the promo price of $199...it ain't a big deal to me. I'd pay 50 bucks to get rid of a storm for 35 days. :)

tdrus1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I went through this with a csr the other day too. As of aug 18th, i will have had my tour for 1 year, at which point i am eligible for an early upgrade. If i order online, i can have a DX/D2 in my hands for $219. No promo involved. They charge you a $20 fee for early upgrade.

chrstdvd

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If U have not done if yet, do it. I got D2 yesterday after studying like crazy. I love my S1 and have it tweaked for max performance with all its restrictions. Comes a time and it came for what U expected. D2 IS AWESOME.

emanwis

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Switch from BB Storm 1

I switched from the BB Storm 1 to the D2 two weeks ago. Am I ever glad I did. Wow, I am SO much happier with my phone now. It was also nice that the $199 did not mean having to send in for a $100 rebate. It was an instant rebate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance