Droid 2 Quadrant!

1xmattx1

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Okay I don't Have my own Droid 2! But I went to the verizon store today to play around with it (I have DX) And I must say this thing is fast!!

I wasn't even expecting to get the scores that I got from a retail Model with all the stuff people have put on it and settings etc.!

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Well yeah...only the Nexus has it labeled 2.2, so I'd presume they were all 2.1 or earlier especially since 2.2 has only just recently come out on the OG Droid.

Yep, that' what I figured. That obviously doesn't slow it down. But, just helps to put the numbers in perspective as compared to the other devices.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't be so quick to claim this phone is she-banga-bang fast. It is running Froyo. See the Original Droid on the bottom of the list? When it got Froyo it jumped up to basically higher than Nexus One 2.2...

And this thing already has 2.2 and its barely above. :/

Edit: http://www.droid-life.com/2010/06/05/post-your-motorola-droid-froyo-quadrant-scores/

Thats overclocked from 600mhz to 1ghz, but still. Its what, year old hardware?

1xmattx1

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't be so quick to claim this phone is she-banga-bang fast. It is running Froyo. See the Original Droid on the bottom of the list? When it got Froyo it jumped up to basically higher than Nexus One 2.2...

And this thing already has 2.2 and its barely above. :/

Edit: Post Your Motorola Droid Froyo Quadrant Scores! | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Thats overclocked from 600mhz to 1ghz, but still. Its what, year old hardware?

True, But this is stock. No Custom rom or oc obviously...

Imagine if you could oc this thing... it starts at 1ghz...

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
True, But this is stock. No Custom rom or oc obviously...

Imagine if you could oc this thing... it starts at 1ghz...

Pretty sure its the same chip as the Driod X, and sadly OC doesn't look too promising for it. The chip only likes to go about 200mhz over and it requires a substantial amount of voltage. ie - nothing you'd run 24/7.

Not to mention the feasible gains from that overclock is far from worth it :(

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Droid 2 runs barely over Droid X at 2.1

Let's see some specs of a Droid X at 2.2 and I bet it'll be higher. :D

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Why would you think that? Doesn't the D2 have the same internal hardware as the DX?

Yeah, they are the same, but for some reason the X runs faster. Maybe it's the type of ram they used, or whatever, but having used both side by side with the same apps installed, the X seemed to be smoother in almost all aspects. Not to say the D2 is bad, but the X just seems a bit more polished. Maybe that's why they went with 2.1 instead of 2.2. out of the gate? That's all I can come up with.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Why would you think that? Doesn't the D2 have the same internal hardware as the DX?

Yeah, but for some reason, DroidX on 2.1 runs comparable to many phones running at 2.2

So, I'm assuming(big assumption) that when the DroidX see's 2.2, we'll see a hefty jump in performance that outshadows all other 2.2 devices..

Here's to hoping!

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but for some reason, DroidX on 2.1 runs comparable to many phones running at 2.2

So, I'm assuming(big assumption) that when the DroidX see's 2.2, we'll see a hefty jump in performance that outshadows all other 2.2 devices..

Here's to hoping!

Maybe so. I have no experience with either device. So, I will defer to those who actually have them. What's interesting though is that many of the benchmarks that I've seen have them listed as basically one device. In other words, on many of the benchmark charts that I've seen, it'll say "Droid X/2" versus individual benchmarks for each device. Although, I believe that many of these were performed prior to the D2 being released.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Its a fast score, but nothing to go ga-ga over. Most people have seen their D1's match, or eclipse that speed. Mine scored 1580 OC'd to 1.2

Its great that we can get that type of performance with a stock build. Not overclocking, no added heat to the internal components, no shorten battery life. but still, its not like the score is unprecedented or anything. I saw a video on YouTube where someone broke down and got the Pro version of Quadrant which actually details the areas the phone is scoring in. The results showed that the GPU was slower than the Galaxy-which was obvious since the Galaxy has a better chip, but surprisingly it showed that the Galaxy CPU was slightly faster as well. Basically, the DX is scoring through the roof because of a unusually high input/output score.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Its a fast score, but nothing to go ga-ga over. Most people have seen their D1's match, or eclipse that speed. Mine scored 1580 OC'd to 1.2

Its great that we can get that type of performance with a stock build. Not overclocking, no added heat to the internal components, no shorten battery life. but still, its not like the score is unprecedented or anything. I saw a video on YouTube where someone broke down and got the Pro version of Quadrant which actually details the areas the phone is scoring in. The results showed that the GPU was slower than the Galaxy-which was obvious since the Galaxy has a better chip, but surprisingly it showed that the Galaxy CPU was slightly faster as well. Basically, the DX is scoring through the roof because of a unusually high input/output score.

Well, I have both an AT&T Captivate and a Droid X on my desk.. I did mundane things such as real world use(not running benchmarks), and in overall everyday tasks, I could visibly see the Droid X was faster.

From simply opening the email app, to viewing an email, to opening the web browser, to doing mundane tasks, the Droid X just opened, processed and displayed things quicker.

now, throw in a live wallpaper and you'll definitely see the Captivate switch screens quicker..but I do feel that the Droid X was overall faster, regardless of what a synthetic benchmark shows.

jaykayelohel

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I have both a droid x and droid 2 infront of me and on quadrant, D2 is a little higher. With 2.2 on the x, you should see it perform better then the D2.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Well don't want to bring back an old thread but better than starting a new one I was getting 13-1430 on my d2 with overclock at 1.2 my d1 was getting 16-1800 so I went into the build prop and enabled stagefreight.jumped up to 2177 on the first run after a reboot. H264 was noticeably quicker. Now it's time to see if I can hack 720p onto this
Edit btw this is about the same thing the dx gets with this hack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair