12-31-2010 11:23 AM
33 12
tools
    I have the signal issues. If I put my phone down on the table or hold it in one place, it'll sometimes jump from 4 bars to 3, then down to 1, or sometimes even no bars, then back up to 4. All of this is in a place with good Verizon coverage. Extremely annoying, and it is most definitely a real issue.
    08-20-2010 08:19 PM
    Truth be told whether you have a single bar or all of them it is the same signal. With digital phones it is either 0 or 1. Its on or off.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    08-21-2010 01:20 AM
    Update: Was in the Tampa Bay area this weekend. In my hotel I was getting a very poor 1X signal while my wife's Palm Pixi was on 3G 5 bars. I did the *228 option 2 update, but it did not change my signal.
    08-23-2010 07:33 AM
    Exact same thing here. Happened yesterday w/ Gnav and today in the browser...very annoying to say the least.

D1 vs D2
    1. call quality is subpar
    2. speaker is quieter
    3. signal is wonky

Although keyboard is much improved and of course it's pretty snappy. Although not quite as smooth as the Incredible. I blame blur, sense is awesome. Love that pinch and zoom resizes AND centers. But I'm rambling now...
    Hey, this question is a bit off the thread topic, but I caught something in the above comment that I'd like to get a better understanding of, being as I am very new to Android. The OP states above that sense resizes and centers upon pinch and zoom. Is it correct then to understand that blur or another flavor of android will not do this? I've had a DInc for a couple of weeks and am really considering trading for the D2 for a better battery life and a physical keyboard....but if blur does not recenter, that could be a deal breaker. thanks for any input!
    08-23-2010 02:38 PM
    Hey, this question is a bit off the thread topic, but I caught something in the above comment that I'd like to get a better understanding of, being as I am very new to Android. The OP states above that sense resizes and centers upon pinch and zoom. Is it correct then to understand that blur or another flavor of android will not do this? I've had a DInc for a couple of weeks and am really considering trading for the D2 for a better battery life and a physical keyboard....but if blur does not recenter, that could be a deal breaker. thanks for any input!
    Every single Android phone, regardless of manufacturer or UI skin, will recenter text with a double tap.
    08-23-2010 03:59 PM
    Every single Android phone, regardless of manufacturer or UI skin, will recenter text with a double tap.
    Thanks for answering that for me. I will most likely be swapping out for a Droid2 tomorrow then!
    08-23-2010 04:08 PM
    I've never had a problem with dropped calls in 10+ years with Verizon until I purchased a Droid 2. Now I have several each day. This isn't fun.
    12-31-2010 09:50 AM
    I've never had a problem with dropped calls in 10+ years with Verizon until I purchased a Droid 2. Now I have several each day. This isn't fun.
    I've had my phone since October and not one dropped call yet. Is your phone fully up to date?

Rev.
    12-31-2010 11:23 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD