Good Morning,

I just bought my Wife a D2. I have a DX.

Before activating her phone I ran back up assistant on her old Voyager. I then created her a Gmail account.

I activated the D2 using her newly created Gmail address. I then ran back up assistant and her contacts showed up on the PHONE.

Her contacts do not show up on the PC side and the phone will not allow her to use the calendar (error message says it has to sync with a calendar first). I went into accounts and manually synced "Gmail and Contacts". There is NO OPTION to sync a calendar. Even after manual Sync I still see no contacts on the PC Gmail side and she still has no use of her Phone side calendar.

I had no issues setting up my contacts/calendar on the DX, what did I do different/wrong?

Thank you!
    08-14-2010 08:27 AM
    Good Morning,

I just bought my Wife a D2. I have a DX.

Before activating her phone I ran back up assistant on her old Voyager. I then created her a Gmail account.

I activated the D2 using her newly created Gmail address. I then ran back up assistant and her contacts showed up on the PHONE.

Her contacts do not show up on the PC side and the phone will not allow her to use the calendar (error message says it has to sync with a calendar first). I went into accounts and manually synced "Gmail and Contacts". There is NO OPTION to sync a calendar. Even after manual Sync I still see no contacts on the PC Gmail side and she still has no use of her Phone side calendar.

I had no issues setting up my contacts/calendar on the DX, what did I do different/wrong?

Thank you!
    I am having the exact same issues. I've had a Droid Incredible for the past few months and a Moto Droid before that. My calendar and contacts sync'd without a problem. I just bought my wife a Droid2 yesterday and using the back-up assistant, was able to get the contacts onto the phone. But they do not show up on the pc side and her calendar won't sync. The calendar actually doesn't even show up as an option, just as you mentioned.

I think there's a problem on google's side. When I go into the settings, accounts, and open up the gmail account, there's a message on the bottom of the screen that says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." I"m assuming that message was generated from google and not from a phone error message.
    08-14-2010 02:29 PM
    **Update**

I did a factory reset on the phone and SLOWLY went through all the set up options. Thankfully Wifie didn't do much to the phone since activation. Upon SECOND activation the calendar seems to work. I still do not see the Contacts on he PC side but I have not done a manual Sync yet.
    08-14-2010 11:50 PM
    I had the same issue with my calendar, was just about to factory reset, but then tried a battery pull and what do you know, calendar started syncing...
    08-18-2010 11:02 AM
    I've been experiencing problems with contacts syncing, I just took a look at the calendar and noticed that hasn't been syncing either.

Talk about a major bug.
    08-18-2010 11:13 AM
    Since many have been experiencing this issue connecting with gmail, a good solution could be to get a sync application to help you out. You can get a free "sync" app from the Android market which links your contacts and calender with your phone and backs up your phone as well... I use it everyday and it is immediate!
    08-19-2010 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD