Holding off on the D2 :(

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to be a downer, with all the hype about the Droid 2, I want to love it and get it and be happy with it. Problem is, I have the original Droid. I love my Droid. My happy little Droid. I love when it says "Droooid". I love that it is rooted and has Chevy1 SS4.6 on it. I love most everything about it. But like all good things, it too has a dark side.

The Dark Side of the Droid...

My keyboard spacebar is sticking and unless I tap it just right, it is hard to use it. Very annoying. Other keys are just beginning to "stick". Clearly using this technology for the keyboard may have cut space, weight, and saved on patent lawsuits, but it sucks to be honest.

I love my dpad. I actually use the dpad, I find that it is very convenient to use it to place the cursor instead of trying to accurately do it on screen. Also, for gaming it is essential.

With that said, if and when I can get my hands on the R2D2 version of the Droid2, I will get that in a heartbeat. I probably will never use it and mount it on the wall :)

For my phone however, I will probably wait a little longer and get some newer exciting gismo (orgasmo) waiting to pop onto the market. Oh yeah.. front facing camera... need it.

My 2 cents.

Happy Android Days...:p

-Jason
@blueplanetapps
Blue Planet Apps
Makers of dTor, roboPrint, CrossTalk and BioLock for Android

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick note about the dpad. The Droid 2 has arrow keys that replace it, along with an "ok" button. Same functionality, but with a much more usable keyboard.

bbfranknstein

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I was skeptical about purchasing the D2. I heard about reception problems, and I didn't know if I'd use the keyboard that much. But after having it for a few days, I love it! Waaaaaay better than my Blackberry Tour. I have no reception problems, and the keyboard is useful for email/long texts and ESPECIALLY for playing games on the SNES emulator.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084