Droid 2 and landscape mode

jperiod

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I played with the Droid 2 a little bit at the Verizon store, but they were busy with customers so I was unable to find out if you can activate landscape mode without sliding out the keyboard. Is this possible?

Thanks
Jperiod

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I played with the Droid 2 a little bit at the Verizon store, but they were busy with customers so I was unable to find out if you can activate landscape mode without sliding out the keyboard. Is this possible?

Thanks
Jperiod

If you, like most people that are tech savvy enough to visit forums, install an alternate launcher like Launcher Pro you can do that without sliding out the keyboard. No problem.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have Launcher Pro installed on mine. All I do is turn the phone and it switches to landscape view.

Last edited:

brentbarrie

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Is there any other way to get the screen to use landscape mode without installing a different launcher? I like the stock one but I would really like it to switch to landscape more without having the keyboard open.

brentbarrie

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Droid 2 Landscape Without Launcher?

I havent liked any of the launchers that Ive tried because I like the layout that came installed on the phone. Is there any other way to get all the screens to work in horizontal mode WITHOUT a different launcher?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Not to my knowledge.

I use launcher pro, I have it setup almost exactly the way I did with the stock launcher, except with launcher pro I can make use of the last row for apps that I want instead of what I was forced to use.

The only screen that doesn't turn is the home screen right? That's why I installed launcher pro.

brentbarrie

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I just dont want to have to set everything up yet it drives me nuts that I have to have the keyboard open when Im not going to be typing. I have installed it and tried it (along with a couple others) but deleted it after. I like the ADW the best. Maybe l will give it a try again. I could also install a home switcher app that I could switch to when I want to use the landscape. I wish there was just an app that would do the landscape.

chrstdvd

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I am confused! I hate home screen in portrait mode. I got launcher pro and it does my home screens in landscape mode automatically. It is so cool. If I need more screen space, then I pull out the key board and use it.

I went ahead and got launcher pro plus, but I can not remember why at the moment.

I do remember reading that "stock" you can only have landscape with keyboard out.

I did not know that launcher pro works either way. I just found out once I downloaded it. It is cool.

If it does not work that way for you, let me know and we can compare some settings.

chrstdvd

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
No. You will have to wait for an upgrade to stock. Launcher pro is what I use and I did not even know it would solve this problem when I got it. I was just wanting to see why others like it so much. Now I love it.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
No. You will have to wait for an upgrade to stock. Launcher pro is what I use and I did not even know it would solve this problem when I got it. I was just wanting to see why others like it so much. Now I love it.

What makes you think there will be an upgrade that will allow the home screen to turn to landscape?

brentbarrie

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I decided to give launcher pro a try and I like it now. The only thing I don't like is that the phone seems to be really sensitive in switching back and forth. It also takes up to 15 seconds sometimes once I move the phone. I still can't get the main Facebook. Page to work in landscape mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair