I played with the Droid 2 a little bit at the Verizon store, but they were busy with customers so I was unable to find out if you can activate landscape mode without sliding out the keyboard. Is this possible?

Thanks
    Jperiod
    08-16-2010 07:06 PM
    I just tried it works while in a app, but not at the home screens.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    08-16-2010 08:07 PM
    I just tried it works while in a app, but not at the home screens.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    08-16-2010 08:59 PM
    I played with the Droid 2 a little bit at the Verizon store, but they were busy with customers so I was unable to find out if you can activate landscape mode without sliding out the keyboard. Is this possible?

Thanks
    Jperiod
    If you, like most people that are tech savvy enough to visit forums, install an alternate launcher like Launcher Pro you can do that without sliding out the keyboard. No problem.
    08-17-2010 01:46 AM
    I have Launcher Pro installed on mine. All I do is turn the phone and it switches to landscape view.
    08-17-2010 11:39 AM
    Is there any other way to get the screen to use landscape mode without installing a different launcher? I like the stock one but I would really like it to switch to landscape more without having the keyboard open.
    09-16-2010 02:23 PM
    I havent liked any of the launchers that Ive tried because I like the layout that came installed on the phone. Is there any other way to get all the screens to work in horizontal mode WITHOUT a different launcher?
    09-16-2010 06:35 PM
    Not to my knowledge.

I use launcher pro, I have it setup almost exactly the way I did with the stock launcher, except with launcher pro I can make use of the last row for apps that I want instead of what I was forced to use.

The only screen that doesn't turn is the home screen right? That's why I installed launcher pro.
    09-16-2010 07:59 PM
    I just dont want to have to set everything up yet it drives me nuts that I have to have the keyboard open when Im not going to be typing. I have installed it and tried it (along with a couple others) but deleted it after. I like the ADW the best. Maybe l will give it a try again. I could also install a home switcher app that I could switch to when I want to use the landscape. I wish there was just an app that would do the landscape.
    09-16-2010 10:53 PM
    I am confused! I hate home screen in portrait mode. I got launcher pro and it does my home screens in landscape mode automatically. It is so cool. If I need more screen space, then I pull out the key board and use it.

I went ahead and got launcher pro plus, but I can not remember why at the moment.

I do remember reading that "stock" you can only have landscape with keyboard out.

I did not know that launcher pro works either way. I just found out once I downloaded it. It is cool.

If it does not work that way for you, let me know and we can compare some settings.
    09-17-2010 08:27 PM
    No. You will have to wait for an upgrade to stock. Launcher pro is what I use and I did not even know it would solve this problem when I got it. I was just wanting to see why others like it so much. Now I love it.
    09-17-2010 08:37 PM
    No. You will have to wait for an upgrade to stock. Launcher pro is what I use and I did not even know it would solve this problem when I got it. I was just wanting to see why others like it so much. Now I love it.
    What makes you think there will be an upgrade that will allow the home screen to turn to landscape?
    09-17-2010 09:38 PM
    I decided to give launcher pro a try and I like it now. The only thing I don't like is that the phone seems to be really sensitive in switching back and forth. It also takes up to 15 seconds sometimes once I move the phone. I still can't get the main Facebook. Page to work in landscape mode.
    09-18-2010 04:02 AM
    I like not having to worry about the home screen rotating on me became a headache ok the d1
    09-18-2010 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD