Incoming text msg sound during a call

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys, I was on the phone yesterday...and all of a sudden hear a beep like I am getting a call waiting on the other side. So I take the phone away from my ear and i see it is a text msg. Is there ANY way to change that setting so that I do not get a beep sound for a text while i am on the phone?

Everytime I hear it I think it is someone else beeping in, really annoying!

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys, I was on the phone yesterday...and all of a sudden hear a beep like I am getting a call waiting on the other side. So I take the phone away from my ear and i see it is a text msg. Is there ANY way to change that setting so that I do not get a beep sound for a text while i am on the phone?

Everytime I hear it I think it is someone else beeping in, really annoying!

I'd like to know too. This is annoying.

I can't even mute the ringing sound for incoming calls. On BB I can simply press any side button and that will mute the ringing.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Download a 3rd party text messaging app. I use Go SMS Pro and it has options for if you want the sound or vibrate. Default setting is vibrate.

I hated that sound. I believe Handcent might have something similar, I haven't used that since last year.

whiplash473

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
On BB I can simply press any side button and that will mute the ringing.

Download "silentmode on/off" by Curvefish from market..its a widget that let's you choose to put your phone on loud, vibe, or silent..awesome widget and its free

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech