OS 2.2.20 pushed to Droid2 today

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just installed it. I haven't noticed any difference. Although I notice the keyboard doesn't light up now.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what it does...seems to improve the performance ever so slightly. Little faster opening apps it seems. But who knows.

darkstar

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
My market app is now coming up with errors... Tho I just installed app brain (which seems great) but I hope it's not causing a conflict.

admsteck

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just downloaded. For some reason now Skype doesn't show the correct icon or name. It shows com.skype.verizon or something like that and a generic icon.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
There home page for the market is gone now. The first page used to have a header that showcased a few random featured apps. Now you get taken to the page that you would normally end up on after you clicked one of the apps in the "Featured" header. I have no idea if this a market malfunction, or a deliberate change.

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Installed it earlier...so far I have not seen any of the abnormalities some are reporting. So far so good. Nothing seems different really...at least not to me.

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Release notes here (PDF).

+ Enabled text and picture message scrolling.
+ Streamlined set up of Visual Voice Mail feature.
+ Improved contact sync with Corporate Exchange categories
and groups.
+ View accurate contact pictures when reviewing Recent Call Log.

travelingfool

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Release notes here (PDF).

+ Enabled text and picture message scrolling.
+ Streamlined set up of Visual Voice Mail feature.
+ Improved contact sync with Corporate Exchange categories
and groups.
+ View accurate contact pictures when reviewing Recent Call Log.

Thanks for that. I guess it was just a minor update. At least they are staying on top of things.

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
This maybe a stupid question but I just bought a droid 2, the txt msg scrolling is sketchy, how can I check and see if my droid has this latest os update? How do you update your os software? Its nice to see this phone is so supported, damn thing is amazing..

Thanks ahead of time,
dk

jayxpx

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I am not getting the available update. I try over 3g and it says no update available and i try over wifi and it just continues to search. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a place to download online?

bbfranknstein

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Strange. I picked up the Droid 2 today, and the camera wouldn't work. Whenever I tried to launch the camera app, the lens wouldnt turn on and the phone would freeze for a minute. I tried using the camera like 10 times and I got the same result. I got home, installed the update, and the camera works fine now.