Head on over to XDA for instructions on getting it done. I'll check it out later when I get home
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=764950
    08-25-2010 01:41 PM
    is there a big benefit to this? I just moved over from blackberry about a week ago and have just started to get used to the droid and LOVE IT. I have heard things about this rooting and just havent heard the benefits to it. Should i do it?
    08-25-2010 02:00 PM
    Head on over to XDA for instructions on getting it done. I'll check it out later when I get home
    How to root the Droid 2 - xda-developers
    Yours truly was the guinea pig and wrote up those instructions Huge props to Sebastian at C skills for releasing the method.
    08-25-2010 02:02 PM
    is there a big benefit to this? I just moved over from blackberry about a week ago and have just started to get used to the droid and LOVE IT. I have heard things about this rooting and just havent heard the benefits to it. Should i do it?
    Biggest benefit right now will be the use of apps that require root, such as wireless tethering. Once we have a working recovery and/or sbf (which I hear is coming soon), we can begin to remove the bloatware (skype, city ID, etc).
    08-25-2010 02:03 PM
    yea i would really love to remove a bunch of those, I have been told the battery life is far worse when rooted is this true?
    08-25-2010 02:19 PM
    yea i would really love to remove a bunch of those, I have been told the battery life is far worse when rooted is this true?
    Untrue. Rooting only gives you extra privileges; it doesn't make any real system changes on its own.
    08-25-2010 02:34 PM
    Oh the decisions...I did like when my Nexus one was rooted...decisions decisions!
    08-25-2010 03:06 PM
    Being new to Android, is there a roll-back procedure to the rooting if, for some reason, we didn't want it rooted anymore?
    08-25-2010 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD