Difference in Push/Fetch email notification

coastalfan

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I am new to Android, just got my Droid2 Monday night. My email delivery is set to fetch every 15 minutes. Should it be set to Data Push? I notice my emails seem to be about an hour, give or take, behind my computer gmail. Just confused about where it should be set.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
With push your phone sees the email at about the time your account receives the email.. With fetch, it doesn't see the email until the phone syncs with your mail server.

Trevst1

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
In the same vein as the above question, can someone please explain the following two issues that are prolly related:
1. In the email app, I cant see or chose to see my gmail account, only my yahoo? Gmail works fine, its just different than the email app on my DInc.
2. when I go to set my default email account in data manager on the D2, it only shows my yahoo account. Once again...this is different than on my DInc.

Thanks

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
In the same vein as the above question, can someone please explain the following two issues that are prolly related:
1. In the email app, I cant see or chose to see my gmail account, only my yahoo? Gmail works fine, its just different than the email app on my DInc.
2. when I go to set my default email account in data manager on the D2, it only shows my yahoo account. Once again...this is different than on my DInc.

Thanks

Have you tried going to settings when you are in gmail to look for what you trying to find?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital