Disable PIN

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I just got my wife a Droid 2 yesterday, and She tells me every time she lets it sit idle for a while, she has to enter a pin to use it again. I have a droid Incredible and I have never had this option. Is this a motorola thing? How can I disable it? I've checked in all the security/location settings and there doesn't seem to be an option to disable it.

storm6610

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I would be willing to bet your wife has a corporate email account???

With the release of FROYO this appears to be something that takes place when you have a corporate email account.

I have been searching for a workaround for this too. Short of rooting the phone, there is no app that I know of that will prevent this.

Hopefully in time, some smart developer will figure this out... :)

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I have tried, but the corporate account has control so that option is dark and can't be selected. I deleted the account on the phone, and she is using the free version of touchdown for now. She liked the mail program better, but does not want to enter the pin everytime. My Droid incredible does not do this for my exchange mail, and I have froyo. Hopefully they fix that as her email server does not require it, just the phone does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy