facebook contact sync

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My wife just got the droid 2 while I have the droid 1. When I setup facebook it asks to sync all facebook contacts, sync only with contacts already on phone or no sync, we like to sync with existing contacts but droid 2 doesnt ask it just goes ahead and syncs every single facebook contact. How do we get it to just sync with existing like droid 1?

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
The Motorola Droid 2 contact app functions different from the stock Android app featured on the D1. Therefore, many apps that have contact list integration aren't compatible.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Nope found that one out the hard way its all good though I just use the contact widgets so I don't have to deal with my bloated contacts app

dj_elite

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
it also made my contacts app insanely slow... i have about 400 stored on my phone and between my gmail and facebook it was over 3k contacts on the phone. searching was painfully slow and forget about editing contacts.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I can understand that one. But when I synced the same contacts to my d1 the app was much faster. I think its due to the app trying to pull everything in. The easiest way I've found to get a contact is just search from the homescreen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy