finally the first droid2 rom

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I think I''ll wait on the 2nd, possibly 3rd release of this. I don't have the patience to fight through potential bugs without Nandroid to fall back on

phillyphreak

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Im gonna root my d2 today. Is it fairly easy to dump extra apps? Is this rom like a bb" leaked" os? Don't mean to hijack this thread but im new to android but coming from bb im used to hacking a smartphone. Once I get the basics I'll be helping others as I can.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
yes its very easy to dump the extra apps you just want to make sure you keep them backed up somewhere or updates etc tend to fail. yes and no this is a custom rom built of the official release it has been deodexed, which means removing all the odex files so it can be themed and parts from other phones can be pushed in, some vzw apps have been removed. but its in the vary early stages the backlight stays on when you lock your phone and a few more bugs, ive talked to the dev and hes trying to fix them just trying to save his droid 2 right now

and on a side note if you have the sbf files for the droid2 just use sbf flash in linux rsd light 4.7 doesnt like our phones very much and things tend to fail

kingzee

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Too many bugs and issues with it for my taste. Plus, it seems like he did it in a hurry. Why not take your time so that it can be released right? I'm not certain, but it appears he just wanted to be first. I do believe he did a great thing, but definitely take your time and release it right.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
The more people who have the rom, the faster bugs can be identified and zapped. He could sit on the rom for weeks, but eventually someone will find something wrong with it

kingzee

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
The more people who have the rom, the faster bugs can be identified and zapped. He could sit on the rom for weeks, but eventually someone will find something wrong with it
I understand that, but from the tone of his post, it was rushed. I'm all for providing feedback, but not on something that seemed rushed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2