Just switched from the Storm 2

anon(58977)

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, after a nasty tumble, my Storm 2 bit the dust (large crack in the screen, bottom left) and the touch screen + accelerometer stopped working pretty much consistently (somtimes it let me swipe, etc).

So after looking back and forth between the LG Ally and Droid 2 (like there was any question lol) I opted for the Droid 2. Would have liked to save some $ as the LG Ally was 50 bucks online with my upgrade, but in the end the 8gb flash storage (+ expandability which my storm 2's 16gb micro sd card can be used for) not to mention the 1ghz proc, tons of apps, etc.

I also hope to use it to replace my iPod..that is if I can either burn my lib to an MP3 dvd or just get rid of DRM on my purchased songs. I have a BT car module so I can use hands free and use it to control any compatible BT based stereo app...plus my ipod's screen is broken and its falling apart (its an original iPod Photo).

So overall, this is the phone thats finally going to let me be happy with enough apps, performance and features!

I am semi-mourning the loss of my storm 2 but pretty soon, after it's been wiped its going to be up on ebay for parts lol.

This time tomorrow I'll be in happy land as soon as my phone arrives!:cool:

anon(58977)

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Screw that.
Converted all my non drm stuff to mp3, and used Tunebites to rid myself of drm for good.

Amazon MP3 from now on and syncing with Windows Media Player for now. DoubleTwist has a ways to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37