TotalTech2020

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I know without rooting and using a rom I can't get rid off the bloatware on my d2 but is there a way I can keep them from starting unless I start them? Like Skype and city2go. I don't use them nor will I ever but they are always on.

Thanks

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I know without rooting and using a rom I can't get rid off the bloatware on my d2 but is there a way I can keep them from starting unless I start them? Like Skype and city2go. I don't use them nor will I ever but they are always on.

Thanks

Those are processes that respawn just like amazon, BU assistant, social networking, etc. I do not believe they can be stopped without removing them, I also don't believe they are taking up any significant amount of resources.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I see them in manage applications running, but I don't see them in running services which is where I see RAM inuse.

Are you using some other type of monitioring app?

Also, I don't consider 20M out of 512 very significant.

chrstdvd

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, I rooted my D2 today so I could get rid or the bloat apps that I do not need/want.

I spent half the day googling and watching vids on how to delete/uninstall them. Botom line is that U have to root. So I googled "How to root a droid 2" and chose a link and studied. As I am a newbe, I had to download numerous programs and install them on the. Computer. One of the files was "droid2.rar. it turns out a .far file is similar to a zip file but U have to get a program to extract it. Luckily I found a 30 day trial of "Bit Zip". Be eztreemly careful as U install this program as the first 4 or 5 screens try to get U to buy something else. U know, get netflix and this program is free to U. Just get to the last s seen and use the program. I might pay 25 for it in 30 days as it does cbs job well. If U get that far, U will know what I mean about the "tools" folder. I could not find the 4 files there. They were in a folder "droid2" inside the tools folder. I just copied/pasted them into tools folder.

Then finally U can follow inst to actually root the phone. Read and re read and then do.

Once rooted U will have an app called,"Superuser permission" in ur drawer. Download titanium. Google how to use it, watch a few bids and then use it.

Ha! Might have more propbs. Just keep after if. W entually U will have. Success!

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
You might not feel like its a lot but I constantly have to step my memory management up prior to playing a game or all I get is lag and a barely playable game this bloat sucks I get 35mb by just killing backup assist and its various parts and of your down to 40mb that extra 20 or so does make a difference

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Well, I rooted my D2 today so I could get rid or the bloat apps that I do not need/want.

I spent half the day googling and watching vids on how to delete/uninstall them. Botom line is that U have to root. So I googled "How to root a droid 2" and chose a link and studied. As I am a newbe, I had to download numerous programs and install them on the. Computer. One of the files was "droid2.rar. it turns out a .far file is similar to a zip file but U have to get a program to extract it. Luckily I found a 30 day trial of "Bit Zip". Be eztreemly careful as U install this program as the first 4 or 5 screens try to get U to buy something else. U know, get netflix and this program is free to U. Just get to the last s seen and use the program. I might pay 25 for it in 30 days as it does cbs job well. If U get that far, U will know what I mean about the "tools" folder. I could not find the 4 files there. They were in a folder "droid2" inside the tools folder. I just copied/pasted them into tools folder.

just download and use 7zip it is open source, free, and the best extraction program available.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
just download and use 7zip it is open source, free, and the best extraction program available.

Agreed. It will decompress just about any format that I've ever seen, and if I'm not mistaken it also navigates ISO files. And it's not only libre, it's gratis as well. Great stuff!